Movies not found in library mode
I just started with XBMC last week and could use some help. I tried searching however my error seems to have too many common words for search to be helpful.

My setup is this: I have a server-type PC where I am storing my DVD images and this folder is being shared over the network, and I have an HTPC running XBMC to access those movies over the network. I only have 6 images now just to test things out and get everything set up correctly.

Last week I set up the basics on my HTPC and I had movies working correctly. Then I decided to install XBMC on my server-type PC to mess around with the TV and music libraries figuring that I would just go back to the HTPC with my learnings later.

Now I am back working on the HTPC and I ran into an issue with my movie library. I can add a new source and scan in my movies successfully. I can see the movies in the file list (not library mode) and they show up with cover art. I can play them from there. However when I switch to library mode now the movies are listed with no cover art and when I try to play them I get a prompt to remove the movie from the library. "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?". Pressing yes or no there seems to have no effect. I have a few TV shows (also DVD images, no different than the movies) and I can add those and play them through the library mode with no issues at all.

I have a debug log saved here where I did (after a fresh XBMC install):
Go to videos ==> Add a new source (the network path to my server) ==> Set to use the movie scraper ==> Scan for new items ==> enable library mode ==> try to play a movie ==> click "no" to the error mentioned above ==> disable debug logging.
http://pastebin.com/9HS31ii6

I am using XBMC 10.1, and both machines are running Win7 64bit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I have also uninstalled the copy of XBMC that was on my server-type PC. During uninstall I make sure all folders are gone including the one down the ...AppData/Roaming/XBMC path

Music works in library mode and I have no issue with pictures either, all of these sources are on the network as well. Does anybody have ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks!
-Jason
**SOLVED**

I tried installing on the server-type PC and added the local path to movies and it still worked. Tried adding the network path to movies and ran into the issue there, so obviously network related.

Some search results said to check permissions. I only had read permissions enabled so I set to read/write but that wasn't any help.

Searched around some and found that I should be using SMB instead of homegroup sharing. Took both PCs out of the homegroup and shared the folders on the server-type PC. Went to my HTPC and added the movie source as an SMB share and things look good now. Thanks to NateThomas for the writeup on how to get this done.

Not sure why this would have affected a source set up as movies and not one set up as TV shows, when they are both shared the same way and they are both video sources. The issue was either that I was only sharing with my homegroup and not 'everybody' explicitly, or that it simply wasn't going to work outside of SMB sharing. Those are the two things I changed.

**SOLVED**

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not found in library mode0