Tv series all eps showing up twice
Ned Scott Wrote:Because paying for something that drags/drops files into the trash is pants-on-head retarded.

You only have to delete them once. The DS_Store option also stops the resource fork files.

Even if you wanted something more automated, free utilities that go farther than TinkerTool have existed for years.

Tell me a free one please and I'll use it. A bunch of the ones up on Macupdate all led to dead links. And with files all over the place it helped me clean up my terabytes of files in seconds. You still didn't tell me how Tinkertool cleans up stuff like you arrogantly referred to.

You help out a lot of people around here in the short time you've been here, and it's appreciated, but arrogance isn't appreciated when other people try to throw out options or help out. Confused
I did the cleanup of apple double. My nas shows they are gone but xbmc still seems to think they are there. I can see them when searching for the path.

Issue is some shows show up 3x now. And I can't figure out why. But others are good no double. I have never had this issue before again I think it's becuase I'm going through nfs over smb or zeroconfig. But as in my other post they don't work.
tuckbodi Wrote:Tell me a free one please and I'll use it. A bunch of the ones up on Macupdate all led to dead links. And with files all over the place it helped me clean up my terabytes of files in seconds. You still didn't tell me how Tinkertool cleans up stuff like you arrogantly referred to.

You help out a lot of people around here in the short time you've been here, and it's appreciated, but arrogance isn't appreciated when other people try to throw out options or help out. Confused

"show hidden files"

Sort Finder window in list view by name

Select all that contain ._

Trash 'em

Have everything in multiple folders? Select your main media folder, search ._, select it to only look in the media folder.

Want free automated:
Onyx
Hidden Cleaner
iRemove DS_Store Files

But if you want to throw away $15 on a glorified AppleScript then don't let me stop you.
I did all the above and there are no apple double files anywhere. Yet they show up on the XBMC but when i search the mac or the NAS they do not show up. I ran onyx and it did not find any .dsstore files or apple double.
It started acting up again this morning i added another show to my tv shows folder and the show showed there were 88 eps because there were 4 of each episode.
Similar problem here. Deleted all sourced and cleaned the library but nothing has been removed from the library. Now I've got 4 copies of everything and yet nothing will play because I haven't even added a source back in.
Nuke the database from orbit - it's the only way to be sure.
Code:
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db
Ahhh...

Deleting all of the database files fixed the problem for me.
(/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos*.db)

I think xbmc got confused when I switched between upnp, smb, and afp for the same video source. (upnp didn't scrape properly and smb was a bit slow. afp is working nicely.)

Deleting/recreating the source and cleaning the library didn't help. It was necessary to completely blow away the .db files which store this information. Afterward, a fresh scan succeeded in listing just one copy of each video.
g-off Wrote:Nuke the database from orbit - it's the only way to be sure.
Code:
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db
"Hold on a second. This installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it. I know this is an emotional moment for all of us. I know that. But let's not make snap judgments, please. These are clearly important files we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or *anybody*, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them. " Wink

Oops, just saw your post after I finished replying. Thanks. It is unfortunate that this isn't what the GUI does when the user chooses Clean Library. It would have saved me a few hours of time researching the problem. As far as I can tell, the clean library option did absolutely nothing.
When you remove a source you are given an option to remove associated items form the library. If you choose not to remove they remain in the library as long as the path stored in the database is still valid. The path contains the source information so even if you remove the source, the path *can* work.
(2011-08-02, 17:05)ChipsAhoy Wrote: Yes, but I found that certain items still showed up, even after removing them fom the library. This was because I had originally set the source to use the domain name and then changed it to use the ip address instead. XBMC remembers the hardcoded paths and treated them as two different items. I imagine the same issue would occur just changing protocols (like switching from SMB to FTP, for example).

Try this: get Episode information on one of the items that is a dupe. Take note of the path, then remove it from the library. If it still shows up, get Episode information again. It will likely show a different path. In my case, I had to re-add the original source in order to properly remove it.

If you initially remove a source, but decline to remove the items from the library, XBMC appears to remember the path anyway and continue using it for scraping. I don't think that this is a great approach, but it's not a simple issue to resolve perfectly. I think it would be better to not give the user a choice here, and simply remove all items in the path from the library if the source is removed.

Just a note to the developers, this guy is bang on correct, I just got this now and it was annoying as hell.
I decided to switch from smb://manual coded ip address/share/path to smb://hostname/share/path.

All my shows were listed only once but the episodes were listed twice.
After reading his post, I manually added the path again via IP, then chose not to scan - I then edited the new path and ticked "exclude from scans" and it prompts you to clear - it did that, took a while and bingo fixed the problem.

Hopefully someone can look at these orphaned paths in the future?
FWIW I'm using MySQL

Keywords for googlers tv shows listed twice multiple times folder path xbmc scan
Thanks again - hope it helps.
I have solved the problem at my ATV2, by accessing Video -> TV-series

Then right click on the series that's double and click delete.

Hope it helped out there :-)
I'm very late to the party on this one, but this is the thread that shows up when I searched for this problem.

Anyway, before deleting your DB:

Open MySQL, go to that DB, then run:

delete from episode using episode, episode e1 where episode.idEpisode > e1.idEpisode and episode.c18 = e1.c18;

That'll do a search for every duplicate file path and remove the higher-numbered duplicate. Might take a few minutes to run.
If I recall my problem was due to orphaned file locations, this was resolved by me doing a 'clean' of my database (a proper full one) and it removed them

So this file

\\127.0.0.1\c$\movies\lol.mp4
is the same movie as
\\computer\c$\movies\lol.mp4

but the paths are NOT identical, despite the file being, obviously the same, so, arguably it's not Kodi's fault.
I don't (think) I have this problem anymore with Kodi.
Do a search on the Net and dug this up
Having the same problem with my new install of Kodi 18 but with a twist all my doubles show the correct artwork but every double in the label show title True Blood

Now the strange thing is True Blood is on a different file path not in my live record tv folder
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2016-09-06, 11:06)brayrobert201 Wrote: I'm very late to the party on this one, but this is the thread that shows up when I searched for this problem.

Anyway, before deleting your DB:

Open MySQL, go to that DB, then run:

delete from episode using episode, episode e1 where episode.idEpisode > e1.idEpisode and episode.c18 = e1.c18;

That'll do a search for every duplicate file path and remove the higher-numbered duplicate. Might take a few minutes to run.

Hi do you think this will stop this problem for reoccurring? or do you fix it by only updating from one of the kodi instals per above in this thread?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv series all eps showing up twice0