[LINUX] HDHomeRun w/fw 2011 freezes after 2-3 minutes of playback
Sad 
Dear all,

have been using the XBMC 10.1 for Ubuntu 64bit (11.04) for the last 2-3 months. I also have an HDHomeRun which at the time of installation was working flawlessly.

Later on, I got a prompt on new firmware on the HDHomeRun and upgraded. From that point on, XBMC refuses to work with it properly Confused : streaming starts and after 2-3 minutes in playback you get a screen "stutter" which quickly becomes a screen freeze. At the same time, CPU% goes over the top for one of the two cores Shocked. System spec is:

Core 2 Duo (E8300) @ 2.83GHz, not overclocked
Nvidia GT 240, VDPAU enabled and working
Ubuntu 11.04 64bit, latest updates
unknown libhdhomerun drivers

After some digging I discovered the .so library that XBMC works with and noticed that it was some KB smaller than the libmhdhomerun found in the /usr/lib64 directory and tried to "softlink" to that one instead. Initially looked promising and no .so error appeared (log indicated the library was loaded). A few minutes later, problem reappeared... Angry

On the other hand, MythTV works fine with the HDHomerun; both recording and liveTV have worked for at least 3+hours at a time without a problem. Rest of XBMC works flawlessly both for HD and SD content; VDPAU always enabled with Studio colors and "automatic" usage.

Ideas, anyone? Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HDHomeRun w/fw 2011 freezes after 2-3 minutes of playback0