Add a new remote with LIRC in Ubuntu 10.10
Question 
Hi All,

I have read through the numerous forum posts about how to add new remotes for XBMC to use but I have so far been unsuccessful.

I am using LIRC 0.87 and I know my lirc setup and receiver are working on my machine as my original XBOX1 dvd remote works with XBMC.

However, I would like to use another remote with more buttons. I have programmed a universal remote that can control multiple devices. I have programmed one as a pvr remote called “301/501/3100/5100/58xx/59xx” and one as a TIVO remote called “Tivo_Series1”.

When I use “irw” in the command window, I can see the signals coming through – it recognizes each of these remotes and shows the button codes coming through.

So I added two new sections to the “Lircmap.xml” file corresponding to one button on each of the remotes.

Here is what I added beneath the last entry of the "Lircmap.xml" file:

Code:
<remote device="301/501/3100/5100/58xx/59xx">
        <up>UP</up>
    </remote>

<remote device="Tivo_Series1">
        <volumeplus>CH+</volumeplus>
    </remote>

</lircmap>

But nothing happens in XBMC when I press these buttons. What am I missing? I know XBMC can “see” the remote presses because they show up in the “xbmc.log” which is posted here:

http://pastebin.com/jWwzpp26

Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated. Nod
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a new remote with LIRC in Ubuntu 10.100