Problems with my Harmony 700?
So I have the Harmony 700 and the HP Receiver (the 5188-1667 one... apparently "the good one")

Anyways navigation around seems alright - I do notice a slight lag. But if I hold down for 2 seconds and release, it continues scrolling. It is the quick actions especially where I see the significant lag. It's set up as a MCE remote.

I thought this was the ideal setup - people with this setup are saying they don't have any lag Sad
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:So I have the Harmony 700 and the HP Receiver (the 5188-1667 one... apparently "the good one")

Anyways navigation around seems alright - I do notice a slight lag. But if I hold down for 2 seconds and release, it continues scrolling. It is the quick actions especially where I see the significant lag. It's set up as a MCE remote.

I thought this was the ideal setup - people with this setup are saying they don't have any lag Sad

I dont understand what you are saying here.

If you hold down for 2 seconds and then release and it continues scrolling that means the remote was still sending signals while you held down the button.
The xbmc box is still processing those signals and thats why it keeps scrolling after you let go.

That has nothing to do with any 'lag' from the remote.

Give us some more info on where you see lag.
dtviewer Wrote:I dont understand what you are saying here.

If you hold down for 2 seconds and then release and it continues scrolling that means the remote was still sending signals while you held down the button.
The xbmc box is still processing those signals and thats why it keeps scrolling after you let go.

That has nothing to do with any 'lag' from the remote.

Give us some more info on where you see lag.

If I use the included HP remote, doing this exact same action - the scrolling stops almost instantly... same with wireless keyboard.
Check the delay settings in the Harmony software... experiment with making the delays shorter. That said, even with shorter delays, I still get small amounts of overshoot using a Harmony 900 and the HP IR receiver. I don't get this from a Harmony 650 with Rosewill IR receiver, but it's not a true RC6 receiver either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with my Harmony 700?0