Large files not working over FTP
I am using PureFTP Manager on an iMac with lion... everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to play high def movies that are over 5GBs... anything smaller like 4GB or 3GB works fine.... is there a way to fix this?
Question 
Please describe "do not work".
Please send xbmc.log and pureftpd.log
ben33400 Wrote:Please describe "do not work".
Please send xbmc.log and pureftpd.log

When I select the movie it says working and then just stops working without any message (most of the time) or it says (playback failed, One or more items failed to play, check the log file for details)

PureFTP Manager log
http://pastebin.com/CJ8M2cvp

XBMC Log
http://pastebin.com/UGeMjVz4

^^^^ *THESE LOGS ARE JUST MY ATTEMPT TO SEND LOGS.... I HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE AND I JUST TRIED TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE STICKEYS* so I hope that helps...... Thanks
I am not at home so I can not try with my ATV2.
I tried downloading via PureFTPd a 5,5Go file, it works fine.
So PureFTPd & HFS+ disk & Lion can stream >5 Go files.

I am not sure, but it seems that there is no outcoming stream. When I watch a TV show I have:
Code:
Aug  4 19:23:04 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from 192.168.0.6
Aug  4 19:23:05 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [INFO] Benjamin is now logged in
Aug  4 19:23:05 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] Restarting at 366694446
Aug  4 19:23:05 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] /Users/Benjamin/Movies//iWatchTV/Lie to Me/Lie to Me S1 E10.avi downloaded  (2002 bytes, 12368.31KB/sec)
Aug  4 19:23:12 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.

There is a NOTICE that shows the downloaded file.
I can not see them in your log.

Maybe you can try with a smaller name for your file ?

Maybe a developer can help us with this FTP stream issue ? Wink
ben33400 Wrote:I am not at home so I can not try with my ATV2.
I tried downloading via PureFTPd a 5,5Go file, it works fine.
So PureFTPd & HFS+ disk & Lion can stream >5 Go files.

I am not sure, but it seems that there is no outcoming stream. When I watch a TV show I have:
Code:
Aug  4 19:23:04 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from 192.168.0.6
Aug  4 19:23:05 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [INFO] Benjamin is now logged in
Aug  4 19:23:05 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] Restarting at 366694446
Aug  4 19:23:05 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] /Users/Benjamin/Movies//iWatchTV/Lie to Me/Lie to Me S1 E10.avi downloaded  (2002 bytes, 12368.31KB/sec)
Aug  4 19:23:12 Benjamin-MBP pure-ftpd[69434]: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.

There is a NOTICE that shows the downloaded file.
I can not see them in your log.

Maybe you can try with a smaller name for your file ?

Maybe a developer can help us with this FTP stream issue ? Wink

thanks.... I'll try that too...
You can try to log in your FTP locally with FileZilla, and try downloading your file.
If it works, the problem may be XBMC; if not it is your server/computer.
ben33400 Wrote:You can try to log in your FTP locally with FileZilla, and try downloading your file.
If it works, the problem may be XBMC; if not it is your server/computer.

couldn't get it to work with FileZilla.... so I'm guessing its my server then right? I uninstalled it and installed it again and it didn't fix anything.... I hope someone knows what to do.... Thank you tho Ben... U have been a big help... with this and with other posts u have had.
Thanks. Smile
So, with FileZilla, it works with small files and not >5Go ones ?

Looking on the internet, PureFTPd must be compiled with a -large-files option. And normally it is the case for our PureFTPd ...

Could someone else report working or not working large files over FTP with PureFTPd ? Thanks.
actually.... it is working with FileZilla.... I just didn't know how to use it correctly... now I got it going tho... so does that means its XBMC?
okay... now I connected via webDAV AND its the same thing. My larger files don't play but the smaller ones do... Im thinking I should just install the latest xbmc build and see what happens.... does anyone else think that would be a good idea?
nope... latest build didn't fix it.
So you must look at xbmc and/or your files.
Maybe in a new thread, as it not seems to be only FTP related.
I have the same problem on windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large files not working over FTP0