Using UPNP with IPad 2
I have a Windows 7 box running XBMC with all of my movies, music, etc. I was hoping to use UPNP to stream the movies over my network and to the iPad 2. I don't think any of my movies are mp4. Most are mkvs or MPEG2 files. Anyway, the video seems to work fine. The problem appears to be the audio. I can't tell if that's an iPad issue or a UPNP issue.

I have the Ipad set up to use "analog" out.

EDIT: Apparently not a UPNP issue. I can't get it to work via samba either. For whatever reason, no audio...
ZestyChicken Wrote:I have a Windows 7 box running XBMC with all of my movies, music, etc. I was hoping to use UPNP to stream the movies over my network and to the iPad 2. I don't think any of my movies are mp4. Most are mkvs or MPEG2 files. Anyway, the video seems to work fine. The problem appears to be the audio. I can't tell if that's an iPad issue or a UPNP issue.

I have the Ipad set up to use "analog" out.

EDIT: Apparently not a UPNP issue. I can't get it to work via samba either. For whatever reason, no audio...

Nevermind. Mute was on. LOL.
What app did you use for the iPad to get this working? Also, what are the settings in xbmc to get this working?
Just set up Windows file sharing on your computer, then add a video source in XBMC on the iPad through the SMB (another name for Windows file sharing) browser.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using UPNP with IPad 20