[ATV2] Scrapers "Unable to connect to remote server"
The TV scraper seems to be sensitive to the name of the directory the episodes are stored in. Make it match the description in TVDB and the files inside are pretty flexible with naming.

Just my 2c
alazybum Wrote:i decided to take the plunge and so far so good! only been playing around for a little bit but no longer getting the remote server error, it just skips over the problem files.

Seems like I have some other problems then. I still get the error "could not connect to remote server, do you want to continue scanning".
The debug log shows a warning which doesn't look too good...
Code:
08:20:21 T:110317568   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for '12 Angry Men' using The MovieDB scraper (path: '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '1.4.3')
08:20:21 T:110317568 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rune
XBMC 20110831-e8f122d, ATV2 4.2.2 (2203), iOS 4.3 (8F305)
i'd check out /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org/ and make sure there's nothing out of place.. here's what mine looks like:

Code:
Apple-TV:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org root# ls -al
total 88
drwxr-xr-x  3 mobile mobile   238 Aug 24 09:21 ./
drwxr-xr-x 18 mobile mobile   612 Aug 21 17:09 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile  5548 Aug 24 09:21 addon.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile  1851 Aug 24 09:21 changelog.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile 53636 Aug 24 09:21 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x  3 mobile mobile   136 Aug 24 09:21 resources/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile  9284 Aug 24 09:21 tmdb.xml

if nothing obvious there, being the lazy bum that i am, i'd go overkill and factory reset, install from cydia then upgrade straight away and try again.. good luck.
The directory looks just fine, so I don't know what could be the problem.*I guess I can try reinstalling XBMC...

By "factory reset", do you mean restoring the firmware in iTunes? Re-jb?

Or should I just remove the XBMC package?*Should I delete some directories manually, to enforce a truly clean install?

Thanks,
Rune
alazybum Wrote:...i'd go overkill and factory reset, install from cydia then upgrade straight away and try again.. good luck.

I did a clean install from scratch, and now the scanning works fine.
Thank you for the suggestion!
i used to get this all the time and as above it seems to be linked to the naming of the folders of the episodes/movie names.

sorted the naming out and its working perfectly. i assume its because it cant match and doesnt know what to do.

Ste0803
Well, I haven't changed the any file/dir naming, and I added the sources exactly as before. In my case something was apparently broken, and a fresh install did the trick.
I am now getting this all the time, tvdb is unaffected. Just MovieDB.
Will updating to the latest nightly fix my issue?
Hello All,

Wanted to chime in with my recent experience. I just installed the latest build on my jailbroken ATV2 with mixed success.

My "TV shows" library is scraped and functioning properly, but my "Movies" library will not scrape. I keep getting the "unable to connect..." error every time I try to rescan the library.

Per a previous suggestion I went poking around via SSH and navigated to the /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons folder, but I do not have metadata.themoviedb.org listed. Why would this not have installed correctly? I did not see any errors upon install using NitoTV.

I will attempt a reinstall of XBMC and report back any progress.

Curious thing is, everything works fine on my various workstations.
I had the exact same problem. I read that installing the youtube add-on might fix it -- and it did! I have no idea why - but it worked.
You can disable the Trailers option in TheMovieDB aswell for getting it to work without youtube-addon. We will find a solution for this unmet dependency on beta2.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
billybarty Wrote:I had the exact same problem. I read that installing the youtube add-on might fix it -- and it did! I have no idea why - but it worked.

So my uninstall / reboot / reinstall / reboot method did not work, but @billybarty's suggestion did.

Upon closer inspection, before and after the reinstall, my /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/ folder does not (did not) contain metadata.themoviedb.org at all. Not there.

So installing the youtube add-on did not result in metadata.themoviedb.org showing up either, but sure enough, it scrapes. I don't know how, but it worked.

Hope this helps others having the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Scrapers "Unable to connect to remote server"0