Language track hotkey?
Struggling to find the hotkey for the language track. Currently running Aeon Nox in Vista. Does anyone know what it is?
possibly. but only you know what you mean with 'language track'...
spiff Wrote:possibly. but only you know what you mean with 'language track'...

Probably means audio track (different language)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
or subtitle track. impossible to know, don't care to guess.
Sorry guys meant audio track. I've not long been up Confused
in that case it's not all that suprising. i checked and there's no default mapping it seems, how did that one slip for so long Smile
Thanks for the prompt reply, I thought I was just being stupid. Is this something that will be remedied through an update or something that I'll need to do myself?
it's on my list of things to remedy yes.

in the meanwhile; if you want to do it yourself, the action is 'AudioNextLanguage'. see system/keymaps/keyboard.xml, under <FullscreenVideo> - you can see 'l' is mapped to 'NextSubtitle' (something to monkey).
Outstanding! I'll have a go later.
Just to let you know I edited the .xml and changed the 'l' key to 'AudioNextLanguage'. and it seems to work. It jumps a second or two when you change tracks though, but it will do nicely for now. I did try adding a line and changing 'NextSubtitle' to 'n' but it disabled the keyboard Confused (I know NOTHING about programming/coding!)
remember, <button>action</button> - you probably only changed the first bit or something.
Deano316 Wrote:Just to let you know I edited the .xml and changed the 'l' key to 'AudioNextLanguage'. and it seems to work. It jumps a second or two when you change tracks though, but it will do nicely for now. I did try adding a line and changing 'NextSubtitle' to 'n' but it disabled the keyboard Confused (I know NOTHING about programming/coding!)

If the keyboard disabled it almost certainly means you made a syntax error in the keyboard.xml. There's an applet called KeyMapEdit at http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ that makes editing keymaps a little easier.

Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml as well. From your post I suspect you edited the system keyboard.xml, which isn't recommended precisely because an error will remove all keymappings.

JR
Cracked it!! I missed out a character '/'. Successfully changed 'l' to'AudioNextLanguage' and 'n' to'NextSubtitle'. Still stutters when you switch audio tracks but other than that works like a charm. Thanks for all the help guys, learnt something new today Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Language track hotkey?0