NVIDIA GT520 HDMI issues
CpTHOOK Wrote:Ok,

So I got HD audio going thru MPC both DTS and DD, but its still a no go for DTSMA thru pre-eden XBMC... and i'm struggling with trying to get MPC to launch with dharma, I'm following the guide to the letter but no successNo
i'm not exactly sure why you still can not playback dts-ma with pre-eden. it is all standard settings. did it give you any error during playback? have you try to setup as below?

1. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
2. install- darma 10.1
3. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio (you can simply save it to desktop for easy access)
4. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:i'm not exactly sure why you still can not playback dts-ma with pre-eden. it is all standard settings. did it give you any error during playback? have you try to setup as below?

1. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
2. install- darma 10.1
3. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio (you can simply save it to desktop for easy access)
4. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings

Blu..
I have been wacking my brain and drinking wine for the last few days trying to figure out the same thing. Like I said.. DTSMA plays perfect in MPC but not pre-Eden for some odd reason. I get the crazy flash on my AVR between PCM & DTSMA and no sound at all. Settings are in line with your suggested guides..

Also, I finally figured out how to launch MPC thru XBMC and it was working fine for the first few files I played(.M2TS and MKV), but soon after, I began to launch MPC with XBMC and now the video will play slowly frame by frame... sound is perfect bitstreaming and all, but video is -1X. When I disable XBMC and play the file alone.. all is golden! So it seems that now XBMC and MPC will not play together..:confused2:
CpTHOOK Wrote:Blu..
I have been wacking my brain and drinking wine for the last few days trying to figure out the same thing. Like I said.. DTSMA plays perfect in MPC but not pre-Eden for some odd reason. I get the crazy flash on my AVR between PCM & DTSMA and no sound at all. Settings are in line with your suggested guides..

Also, I finally figured out how to launch MPC thru XBMC and it was working fine for the first few files I played(.M2TS and MKV), but soon after, I began to launch MPC with XBMC and now the video will play slowly frame by frame... sound is perfect bitstreaming and all, but video is -1X. When I disable XBMC and play the file alone.. all is golden! So it seems that now XBMC and MPC will not play together..:confused2:
if it is red wine, it is one of my favorite drinks too. your new i3 seems to be very stubborn, isn't it? i wish that I am in front of it, because i love to work on stubborn stuff.

oh, one quick question- did you disable all external player playercorefactory, advancesettings and bat when using pre-eden? it doesn't need it!
Sangria buddy..

You know what... This i3 build is to my liking any which way I look at it. I like to play as well and figure out stubborn issues but this time it seems a bit moot! Ok yes.. I began Launching XBMC pre-Eden at start-up when I got this i3 up and going but man... The only difference I can tell with regard to audio between Dharma and pre-Eden is the "fancy shmancy" HD indicators that show up on my AVR and that goes for True and MA. But the video.... WOW.. Even with my Xtreamer I can't get the same detail I get with this GT520.

I was watching "The French Connection" 1080p DTSMA: with the Xtreamer video was nice but very grainy. With GT520/i3, grain gone. Same with "Scarface" and "Taxi Driver"..

...I'm not only proud of myself for building this thing but when it delivers better than any pre-build product I paid for in the past, you kinda get that funny feeling inside..Big Grin
CpTHOOK Wrote:...I'm not only proud of myself for building this thing but when it delivers better than any pre-build product I paid for in the past, you kinda get that funny feeling inside..Big Grin
tell me about it. i have been searching for a small form factor media player for the limited space in my entertainment center for a while. i tried the boxee box, xtreamer sidewinder, roku, ps3, etc and none satisfied my quest for smooth 1080p with hd audio playback. all manufactures over promised and un-delivered their products. I returned and sold most of everything. i kept the ps3 for my kids to play game though. i'm very happy that i built the asrock e350m1 for my entertainment center. it barely fits the cabinet but it can playback everything with very high quality pq/aq.

getting hd audio to playback in any media player is very tough. after several years of perfecting it, it paid off handsomely at the end.

i'm glad that you enjoy your htpc too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA GT520 HDMI issues0