External players & XBMC
Hi folks
My system is XBMC 10.1 running on Win 7. I plus Harmony one. To watch BD-discs I Total Media Theater 3 launches externally (described here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...=1294647#8).
Now I'm not really used to programming the Harmony One but managed it for XBMC via the MCE keyboard template. The problem is that i cannot really remote TMT3 after it is launched (put in blue ray disc, tmt3 launches...great
). Well the playbutton and stop works, but I cannot close the program and return to XBMC or open a menu in TMT3...

So what do I need to do to use the remote control also out of XBMC for external programs?

Thanks
All XBMC does is launch TMT3 nothing more it doesn't have any control over it when you exit TMT3 you will return to XBMC

If you want to control TMT3 with your remote then you would need to configure your remote to work with TMT3

Its best to set the same keys for Play, Pause, Stop, skip etc in both players then it will work as one remote for both this should be easy with a Harmony set as a MCE keyboard, either give TMT3 the same keys as XBMC if possible or Vice versa

When I used an external player I mapped stop to exit so when I pressed stop it returned me to XBMC
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Ah I see thanks alot..sure this makes lots of sense :-)
Well..is it possible to reassign keys in tmt?
Surely it would work to assign them in Harmony menu..but for me it would be easier to reassign Menu for example in tmt to the menu button in xbmc instead of finding a middle way..
I never said do it in the harmony menu but if that ends up being your last option then that's what your need to do Smile

You can do it anyway you want if TMT3 allows you to map keys then obviously that would be the easiest route to take, whether that's possible you would no more than me as I've never used TMT3, if its not possible then you would have to give XBMC the TMT3 keys which would probably mean using the harmony software and editing the keyboard.xml
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
yes, thats true...what software do you use to run blueray discs?
I don't run bluray discs all my HD stuff is mkv Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External players & XBMC0