Play back skips DVD menu
I have tried with
XBMC 10.0 not sure of revision
XBMC 10.1 Git e9e9099 compiled March 8 2011
XBMC Pre-11.0 Git 20110825-44b5909 compiled Aug 25 2011

Windows XP and Windows 7

I have an exercise video with a DVD menu that lets you pick which workout to do. No matter what settings I change it seems to always open at workout 1. Even if I then select the DVD home button from the playback menu it still just restarts at the beginning of workout 1.

If however, I put the DVD in the tray and play the DVD the menu works fine.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Also just noticed it starts about 2 minutes in. I didn't notice before because the first 2 minutes is an intro.
Presumably you've ripped the DVD. If so, what format have you ripped it in?

Most of my films are ripped to mkv files and they don't have a menu. I just tested a DVD I have in folders (i.e. audio_ts and video_ts) and if I play the parent folder I get the same menu that appears when I put the DVD into a DVD player.

JR
Straight DVD rip. Ripped into Video_TS/ Audio_TS folders .VOB files. I've never had this issue before. I let it play all the way through and it just looped back to the beginning which I also thought was odd.

I found a thread dating back to the XBOX days with a similar problem but no solution was offered. Just the suggestion that the DVD authoring was sub-par.
Is it just this DVD, or all DVDs?

XBMC uses an open source DVD library, and it's certainly true that this library isn't as good as it could be.

JR
Just this DVD.
Try reripping the DVD, maybe to an ISO this time. If it still fails I'm afraid there isn't a solution.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Try reripping the DVD, maybe to an ISO this time. If it still fails I'm afraid there isn't a solution.

JR

Yeah, I was fighting with the iso option yesterday and earlier today. The file is too big for fat32 so it keeps splitting it. I'll try dvd shrink to see if that works but I'm away for a few days so it will have to wait.
Rabid_Child Wrote:Yeah, I was fighting with the iso option yesterday and earlier today. The file is too big for fat32 so it keeps splitting it. I'll try dvd shrink to see if that works but I'm away for a few days so it will have to wait.
try to use anydvd to rip it to iso. it never fail me yet!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play back skips DVD menu0