HD playback problems on Edge HD
I recently bought a Sapphire Edge HD Mini PC and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on it with XBMC.

I am having some strange problems with the playback of .mkv and .wmv (HD) files. When I start a movie in one of these formats it gets a large amount of strange pixels on screen with sometimes (mostly in WMV files) weird colours.
Sometimes this dissapears when another scene starts but mostly I will get a blue screen of my computer will freeze. The blue screen says that there might be a problem with mij display driver. The display driver I installed is the most recent version available on the Nvidia website.

Specs of my PC:
Specs van de Sapphire Edge HD:
Intel® Atom™ D510 1.66GHz
1024 KB CPU Cache
2048 MB DDR2-800 So-DIMM
512 MB NVIDIA® ION™ 2

Of course I have activated DXVA.
The issue also occured when I had a 32-bit version of Windows 7 installed.

Can anyone help me please?
Many thanks in advance.

Here an example of how my screen looks:
if you haven't update the latest nvidia driver, you can update it from here- NVIDIA Driver Downloads. you need to adjust the hdtv resolution in the nvidia controller to fill the htdv screen. if there is an option in nvidia controller, set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in catalyst). for audio in xbmc, do these: system>settings>system>audio output (select proper audio output to match your connection).
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
It sounds as though you're getting a stop error: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

If so this is most likely to be a bug in the video driver, but it might be a hardware fault e.g. duff memory.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD playback problems on Edge HD0