New TV Shows not scanning
I've been constantly tweaking my XBMC setup to try to centralize it a bit more since the ATV2 build is very flooky and needs a ton of babying. So I hit up the mySQL sync with thumbnails along with automatic refreshes on torrent completion. Movies are working great but ever since I ran Ember, TV Show updating has been very iffy. When I made the transition to a sync'd mySQL database (I removed all sources on all PC's and did a clean refresh) the TV Show library updates stopped completely. It picked up all my current TV fine but nothing new thus far. For example Burn Notice aired on Thursday. It automatically downloaded and called for a refresh on the main XBMC but it did not detect the new episode. Even manual updates, specific down to the source will not pick up the new episodes of aired TV.

Here's the debug log of a direct scan of TV Shows: http://pastebin.com/LTHviUTj While I don't really understand the specifics going on in the log, there seem to be a lot of errors.

I really don't know where to go or what to do to even remotely attempt to fix this. Any ideas?
Imagine you're looking at either a scraper, source accessibility or ember created problem.

Has the share name always been smb://HYBREDMEDIA/TV Shows/ ? I'm wary of using spaces in share names on anything that isn't Windows.. but if it's worked in the past I doubt it's the problem.

03:41:34 T:2708 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://HYBREDMEDIA/TV Shows/
03:41:34 T:2708 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:03

Pretty rare for a scan to only take 3 seconds unless you hardly have any TV Shows or it's struggling to access the source, so make sure that the source is definitely accessible via the videos node (sometimes XBMC can forget the credentials needed to access SMB shares which can cause similar problems)

Failing that.. I had the exact same problem when I was using Ember a year or two ago. You might want to consider taking a backup or deleting all the .nfo files that Ember has modified / created and just letting XBMC re-scrape manually.
Allright, that's what I'll do then. Thanks.
So I ran the command del /S *.nfo and it went through my movies folder but not my TV Shows... they're both in the same directory T:\ so why would it only do movies? Even when I go directly to T:\TV Shows\ with a recursive delete and it comes up with nothing. This is odd.
Hybred Wrote:So I ran the command del /S *.nfo and it went through my movies folder but not my TV Shows... they're both in the same directory T:\ so why would it only do movies? Even when I go directly to T:\TV Shows\ with a recursive delete and it comes up with nothing. This is odd.

Perhaps your TV Show .nfo files have been changed to hidden/read-only?

Go to your TV Shows folder and try..
attrib *.nfo -s -h -r -a /s
(which removes system, hidden, read-only and archive flags from the .nfo files)
..and then try to delete them again?
Well deleting all the .NFO, removing my library and rescanning seems to have done it. It's scanning in shows once again. Thanks for the push Vex!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV Shows not scanning0