Unable to Add Sources
I have been an XBMC user for some time, so this issue is baffleing me a little. I had been using XBMC under 4.2.2 (2203) (4.3 (8F05)) for some time. I read online that by upgrading to the latest version I would improve a 720p stutter issue I have been having (a mild annoyance that's all).

So I upgraded the ATV2, spent ages putting all my plugins back and testing them and then found out I could not add any sources into the Videos section. in fact when I go into the files area of Video it is just a blank page (I can see the background and a white border, but no option to add source).

I thought I must have done something during the upgrade etc so I did it all again, same problem, so then I downgraded back to the version I was on and STILL same issue - I have even just put a stock firmware back on and then a JB version to be sure, but I just don't have the option to add a source now.

I'm absolutely stuck - And I am so gutted as most of what I want to watch played fine from my NAS box, I just wanted to sort out this 720p stutter issue. Now I can't even get to my NAS.

Please help?

Paul
OK well I have solved it.

For some reason as there are no standard sources installed with this version of various codes (I'm not sure which particular app causes it), but you have to add your first source from the library menu (even though I don't use Library at all). But once you have at least one source there you can add more from the files menu.

How many hours have I wasted today? Well I only hope that this thread will save somebody some hours of their own

Paul
Sorry to hear about that. I noticed it myself today. Luckily I tried the Videos menu early in my troubles and figured it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Add Sources0