External Player in PreEden
Is it possible to add an external player in pre Eden to play my 3d bluray isos? I tried to set up a playercorefactory file and it just kept playing the iso with the default player.

I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. How are the rest of you playing 3d isos from within XBMC?
by having a properly formatted playercorefactory.xml Wink
We need to see your playercorefactory.xml and the debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then close and reopen XBMC. Attempt to play the ISO then close XBMC again. Post the xbmc.log on pastebin.com.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

You can post the playercorefactory.xml here as it's not too long.

JR
Okay, I found the first problem. I put the playercorefactory and bat files in the wrong folder. Forgot to go into the userdata folder. Noob. Now I have XBMC saying its using an external player, but it just sits there on the library with a small message box saying an external player is being used "Press Ok when done playing"

Here is the Pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=SB2UrB86

Here is the playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PlayISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="PlayFolder" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayFolder.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="PlayISO"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
<!-- Bluray Folder -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="PlayFolder"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And finally since I'm playing an ISO the PlayISO.bat:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" L:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Any help is greatly appreciated so I can get my 3d isos working correctly.

Thanks
it might need to be like this- C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat

make sure that all the links are correct.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:it might need to be like this- C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat

make sure that all the links are correct.

Thanks bluray. I will fix that. I thought I had changed that before, but that must have been on a previous try, as I have tried to make it work, then deleted, then recopied. Will try and post back any progress.

Okay tried that, still same problem. This seems like it should be very straightforward. What could I be doing wrong?
Okay, I've worked on this for a couple of hours and heres what I've got:

Retyped everything fresh. Seems like when I cut and pasted I got some weird characters in the files. So here's my current files:

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!--Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename="*iso*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTHeatre5.exe" L:

If I run as is, when I select a movie that is a iso, XBMC just gives a "dropdown screen" as I am going to watch a trailer, then on the bottom of the screen it says "External Player Active Press OK when Done". When I check VCD it shows that the movie was mounted, but TMT5 doesn't start. When I run the PlayIso.bat file it mounts (obviously no the movie as theres no filename) and then starts TMT5.

I thought maybe I needed quotes around the "%1" in the bat file as others have stated the need for, but when I try that I get an error that says "(2009).iso" can't be mounted.

My movies are in folders named for the movie and year, and the isos are also named for the movie and year. ie: C:\Users\Brent\My Videos\Armageddon (1998)\Armageddon (1998)

Thanks for your help
I would modify your batch file to give a bit more info e.g.

Code:
echo ---%1---
pause

echo Mounted drive
pause

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTHeatre5.exe" L:
echo uTotalMediaTHeatre5 finished
pause

echo Dismounted drive
pause

Then you should should be able to see what's happening in the command prompt.

JR
Thanks for your input. I haven't had a chance to test with the echo stuff in the batch file as the kids are watching a movie right now but I will try in a little bit. One other problem I have noticed is even with an avi file it won't play with the built in player. It also drops down the small move screen (I'm using aeon nox with cover flow) and says it's using an external player.

Do I need to set up an advancedsettings.XML file or what's going on?

I have now tried the echo and pause bat file. Seems like VCD mounts the iso but no command window comes up. Just stays at the XBMC view. When I shut down XBMC there is no other window open. I even tried a newer build of Eden.

I did fix the problem with external player trying to play all files.

I'm starting to think this is never going to work. I think I may have to use MB until I get this fixed. But I really like the interface of XBMC a lot better.
fyrfyter71 Wrote:I have now tried the echo and pause bat file. Seems like VCD mounts the iso but no command window comes up. Just stays at the XBMC view. When I shut down XBMC there is no other window open. I even tried a newer build of Eden.

If you press alt-tab or ctrl-escape can you switch to the command prompt?

JR
I had the same problem. Turn on the "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option in XBMC settings to fix it.
Finally got it to work. I am not sure of the reason but I was reading through another thread in this forum about external players I saw someone used a file extension of .cmd instead of .bat for the playISO file. Changed in the playercorefactory and changed the extension on the playISO file and IT WORKS!!!!!Big GrinBig Grin

Before it wasn't even starting the bat file. Now seems to work perfectly. Now on to continue customizing XBMC for my 3d stuff.

Thank you to everyone that helped.
fyrfyter71 Wrote:Finally got it to work. I am not sure of the reason but I was reading through another thread in this forum about external players I saw someone used a file extension of .cmd instead of .bat for the playISO file. Changed in the playercorefactory and changed the extension on the playISO file and IT WORKS!!!!!Big GrinBig Grin

Before it wasn't even starting the bat file. Now seems to work perfectly. Now on to continue customizing XBMC for my 3d stuff.

Thank you to everyone that helped.

Hi fyrfyter71,

Any chance you could post your playercorefactory and bat file, with a brief description on what you do with then and what other software is need, Would help me and other looking to do the same as you

Thanks
fyrfyter71 Wrote:Okay, I've worked on this for a couple of hours and heres what I've got:

Retyped everything fresh. Seems like when I cut and pasted I got some weird characters in the files. So here's my current files:

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!--Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename="*iso*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

Hi guys,

I copied the above and edited to suit my system, When I click an iso movie everything starts and plays OK, But my problem is when I also click .mkv and mt2s movie they also play.

What I would like to do is just click on a iso 3d movie and it mounts and plays in TMT5.

Can anyone help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player in PreEden0