How do I get streaming (satellite) tv?
rob: then i don't see anything wrong. are you sure that your mytheatre.py script is configured properly ?

the ip is pointing to the ip of the pc with the sat card?

you did not change the port settings?

you don't have a firewall setup on your pc?

th3_h0und
i have (i think) major driver or codec problems. here's what i did...

1. installed a fresh winxp pro sp2 onto the second hard disk in my pc and booted from it
2. installed mainboard chipset drivers
3. installed directx 9c
4. installed lan drivers
5. installed (onboard) audio drivers
6. installed only the drivers for skystar2 from its official cd (latest drivers v. 4.3 or something, cannot check now but most recent i know)
7. installed mytheatre 3.21 which is the shareware version i downloaded from the official website (1 hour limitation)
7. disabled windows firewall
8. put in avbroadcaster plugin
9. edited ip adress in plugin to 192.168.123.103 (=xbox) and marked http streaming, and clicked ok to exit. (did not "start broadcast now")
10. scanned astra 1 and got all channels set up.
11. rebooted for the 105th time (or 106thHuh) Confusedleep:
12. tried to watch a channel on pc in mytheatre, but get only some streaming info in the bottom bar of mytheatre's window (which hangs after some minutes). when clicking on the left side arrow "show screen" (or something like that, cannot check exactly at this time) i get cyberlink audio codec error. my "fresh install" now behaves exactly like (actually worse) than my normal install where i also installed dvbviewer which is official skystar2 software. why?? ... because cpu usage goes up to 80% and system is thus very slow. sometimes mt will run stable, but no view.
13. googled for "codecs" and downloaded and installed ace mega codecs pack and error about cyberlink audio disappeared, even got vision in mytheatre now. but picture will hang after a few minutes.
14. tried these four steps as advised by th3_h0und:

step 1) start mytheatre and set it to any channel.
step 2) run mytheatreepgserv.exe
step 3) start xbmc
step 4) run the mytheatre.py script from xbmc.

but just the same messages on tv/xbox as i have described before in previous posts in this thread:

what is to be concluded so far on a "fresh winxp pro install":
- fresh winxp pro installation doesn't seem to eliminate effects that could be caused by official dvbviewer software from skystar2 cd,
- mytheatre 3.21 will rise cpu usage to 80% many times, causing to use reset button on pc (i'm impatient)
- mytheatre 3.21 needs additional codecs on a fresh install to display a channel
- mytheatre 3.21 will freeze after a few minutes

short: mytheatre is very unstable versus a very stable and very usable and nice dvbviewer (the official software from skystar2 cd). if there only would be a good dvbviewer plugin for xbox mediacentre , my problems would be solved!

but to quote:....

i'm not the only person that uses this script. this script does work and rather well at that. so if you want to get to the next level then get a dvb card.

th3_h0und

so, how do i get mytheatre, and then this script to work?

ps: (ofcourse) i edited the script to point to 192.168.123.100 where my skystar2 is located.
ok well it sounds like mytheatre does not even work on your pc. can you watch it on your pc? if you are getting codec errors then you need to get a codec pack ie mpeg2_decoders.v2.04.exe
because you need the codec to decode properly and directx just doesn't cut it. if you have powerdvd i'd install it before mytheatre.

make sure you select the proper graph in mytheatre as well.

cause if mytheatre is not working on your pc properly then well i'd be checking the dvbnetwork forums for aid on this. if my suggestions here don't help you.

th3_h0und
i re-uploaded the mytheatre.py file to the xbox again and then i selected to run the script from the "file manager" instead of the little icon in the right on the bottom bar you can press to then select to reboot etc..... and to select scripts.

this got me as far as to watch 1,5 minute of tv. i did it!!! and then it started to slow down, artifacts, glitches,....and full stop. like what happens on pc.

2 things:

1. i've watched tv once (and never after) but for one minute and then slow down and stop
2. watching channels on desktop pc also still very unstable.

th3_h0und please link codec file in your post.

ps: what do you mean with "setting the proper graph". i have power dvd 5 installed.
your problem is the graphs and or codecs so once you get that iron'd out on your pc you will be cooking with gas :d

in mytheatre , right click goto settings -> then graphs.
i have wxp v,a cyberlink selected.

now you might have to try them all to get one that works for you. as far as a link for mpeg2_decoders.v2.04.exe, i'd try the above first and well i can't find a link for it. i got it from the dvbnetwork forums.

the file is 5mb btw so e-mail would be out in most cases.
pm if not.

th3_h0und
i tried all graph settings. with some i get a codec filter error in the display. some others will work fine. but mytheatre will freeze after a minute or so in all cases. it's like a buffer that fills up and then mt stops. the problem with sky-high cpu usage remains also, when changing channels a lot and fast. i will try to find more info on stability of mytheatre in mt forums.

meanwhile please send my the file. you have pm :thumbsup:

//update//
i got to watch tv now and change channels a few times before mt froze. i deleted all network protocols of the skystar card, except for client for miscrosoft networks, detreministic network enhancer and tcp/ip. i read somewhere that this could help stability of mytheatre, but it didn't help.

the second thing i remembered doing last night, is that i left out the :8000 behind the ip adress in the py script. this is what i use for settings now, and it worked again, so i will not touch this soon again.

############################################################
#set ip address of pc running mytheatre
servip = '192.168.123.100'
#
#set port for avbroadcaster http
avbservport = 8000
#
#set port for python epg server
epgservport = 8001
#
#set delay for channel change in seconds (default = 4, max = 18)
changedelay=4
############################################################

however the picture quality on tv is not good. i get a lot of glitches and artifacts. could this have something to do with router settings? or do i need a bigger dish/stronger signal? it says 100% in the right window and nothing in the left % window of mt. i don't get artifacts etc. watching on pc.
it could be the signal quality might not be high enough did you check it with a signal meter?

also it could be something todo with the protocols that the card installs.

th3_h0und
the freezing appears to be a known hyperthreading issue. i unchecked all cpu's except for number 1 in the expert settings. it seems to bring stability in life.

last issue left is image quality on my large wide-screen tv. it's better with the new codecs, but with pan-shots and fast moving images the picture is stuttering a little bit. i'm new to satellite watching, zo maybe it's accepted. signal meter (fastsatfinder) reads about 42% and a s/n of 5.45. pgrogdvb reads 47%.

avbroadcaster reads 3913 kbps. how much mbits is that? :nuts: i use a 1000 mbit networkcard, xbox is unkown to me and us robotics ap and wireless router with their 125 mbit technology. pc to xbox is all wired network.
well there's 8 bits in a byte so do the math.

i would try to adjust you dish to get a higher signal cause that's a little low.

xbox is 100 mbps so you should not have any problems.
i stream my sat to my xbox and on my other xbox i stream 2gb files accross the lan at the same time and i have no issues with speed or lag.

i'm glad to hear that you resolved the choppy issue i would'nt have checked the hyperthreading.

th3_h0und
i have been listening to shoutcast a lot over my xbox, but now i have found some nice radiostations on the satellite as well. but now i find out that i cannot play radio streams in mytheatre.
tv streams work excellent but as soon as i tune into a radiochannel it will read something like "channel decrypted or not broadcasting". the same radiostations do work fine on my pc.
am i overlooking a checkbox somewhere again like the hyperthreading thing?
well honestly i have not tried the radio channels so i can't help you out there sorry. however i don't see why it would not work though.

btw is anyone using mytheatre with dn?

th3_h0und

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get streaming (satellite) tv?0