Lenovo Keyboard/Remote Finally Gets Backlit!
PantsOnFire Wrote:Thanks for all the answers, I've been meaning to say this for a while. I want to buy one myself but they're not available in the UK yet. I emailed Lenovo and I got a generic response "some products are available in certain states and not in others". --errr-- well yeah! obviously. -basically they didn't answer the q.

How are you getting on with it? By now I expect you've had a little more time with it.

I've considered a few other options including the Logitech Dinovo Edge and Mini as well as MCE keyboards and remotes and I think this is the best option by far. I use it with one hand until I have to type. I only wish the backlights didn't turn off so soon and there was horizontal scroll bar (it has vertical one).
(2) Direct line of sight is not required but it lags if there is something in front of it...this only happens when I use it in close proximity to my laptop. I suspect that the wifi signal interferes with it.
Was there any luck getting the scroll to work in xbmc?
altho i dont own one,
im starting to like this new Lenovo N5902 mini keyboard...
reviews are pretty good, and it seems decent to me!
at $40, looks like a DEAL!
but if not, i wouldnt pay $80 for one....
specially since its got this JACK STRAP look, i hate it lol
PantsOnFire Wrote:Was there any luck getting the scroll to work in xbmc?

The scroll function works for me in XBMC , is there anywhere in particular you want me to look for you Huh
shremi Wrote:is there anywhere in particular you want me to look for you Huh

actually, can u confirm me how good is the range?

also, a problem a had with my Rii Mini keyboard
is when typing example --> HELLO WORLD
more often then not, it would miss some keys like,
i'd see this in google search box --> HLLO WOLD

does this missing key thing when typing occurs with this new Lenovo k-board?
eskro Wrote:actually, can u confirm me how good is the range?

also, a problem a had with my Rii Mini keyboard
is when typing example --> HELLO WORLD
more often then not, it would miss some keys like,
i'd see this in google search box --> HLLO WOLD

does this missing key thing when typing occurs with this new Lenovo k-board?

Well so far i have made some test and i can tell you that the range is good only if you have a direct view your HTPC. My HTPC is in my cabinet and therefore is a bit lower and i have some furniture obstructing so the range is not that awesome.

But in my main rig which is right next to my HTPC but its not in the cabinet i have far better range.

When typing i dont miss any keys on the main rig but on the HTPC sometimes i miss mouse clicks Smile

I guess it is a YMMV depending if you have a clear view of your HTPC and dont have any furniture in between, i also have a wireless access point i don't know mybe it is hurting my range.
anyone can tell us how their Lenovo is doing?
shremi Wrote:Well so far i have made some test and i can tell you that the range is good only if you have a direct view your HTPC. My HTPC is in my cabinet and therefore is a bit lower and i have some furniture obstructing so the range is not that awesome.

How about connecting the small receiver to a front USB port of your HTPC? Or how about buying a USB extender cable? Then you could place the receiver in some other place so that the PC chasis isn't sitting in the way of the signal. Like taping it right under a shelf or a TV, for example.
It's on sale again on lenovo.com

Lenovo Multimedia Keyboard N5902 [Backlit] $35 FS
Use Coupon Code: USOBLACKFRIDAY for $45 off.
Estimated Ship Time: 12/9/2011
HTPC_Bar:Silverstone GD05B | ASROCK Z68M | Intel I3 |
HTPC_LivingRoom:Intel NUC i3
HTPC_BedRoom:Lenovo
UNRAID:1TB, 3TB, 3TB

Thumbs Up 
Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard N5902
Price: $79.99*
Web price: $79.99*
After eCoupon: $35.99*
You save: $44.00*
Use eCoupon code: USP1D16678
Availability: Estimated ship date: 12/19/11**

Just picked one up... pretty excited now...
ImageImage
eskro Wrote:anyone can tell us how their Lenovo is doing?

i bought my Lenono on sale usimg the coupon code in this thread (thanks). First off it worked immediately with wim 7 and xbmc. all the basic remote functions such as stop, pause, etc... work fine. It took some getting use to typing....for example i was initially holding it so my hand partially obstructed the front resulting in missed keys, but since i have changed it doesn,t drop keys. The buttons have a hard click so you can be sure you have pressed the key correctly> the backlight works as expected> the range in my setup is fine>>>>no major problems here> it is going to take some getting use to punctuation as there are both "shift" and "function" keys that bring up the punctuation and arrow keys. the only criticism i have is that the "mouse" key is sensitive> I have not tried looking to see if this can be changed yet> also when you attempt to click the mouse button soetimes it causes the cursor to move>>>which can be frustrating. however overall im quite impressed and im sure as i use it more my opinin will improve> BTW this was written with the lenovo> so you can see some of the issues with punctuation ETC>>>The last thing is that when browsing webpages there is no vertical scroll>
well u should be able to Scroll up and down!
http://goo.gl/6vV3I
eskro Wrote:well u should be able to Scroll up and down!
http://goo.gl/6vV3I

Sonofabitc@$. That is clever. No problem with scrolling now. Good vid!
I'm finding the N5902 to be almost unusable.

First the range is crap. I'm around 15-18 feel from the PC in a cabinet and it only works if i hold it in one specific position. Isn't this thing RF?

Second, the scroll bar is really messed up. It keeps sending alternating up and down signals when you scroll in one direction. If I was going to keep it, i would probably disable the scroll bar.

All in all, i could probably work with this thing if the range was better, but as is, it's going back.
u may got a lemon :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Keyboard/Remote Finally Gets Backlit!0