Acer Revo RL100
There isn't too much info about this but why aren't more people using the Acer Revo RL100 for XBMC? Seems like a pretty good deal for a nettop with a nice form factor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X5XVY0

Thinking about picking one up for my bedroom, but are there any other nettop alternatives that would give me more bang for the buck? I thought about the ATV2 route but most of my content (and my TV) is 1080p so it seems like I'd be limiting myself.
For that price you could build a comparable system that has potential for upgrades in the future.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
$429.00 for a NEO/iON combo, OUCH!!
it's not just a NEO/ION combo.. it's a small, pretty and stylish machine. And that costs money, too.
If it'd have a LCD display I would be interested. Does look stylish though!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
PatrickVogeli Wrote:it's not just a NEO/ION combo.. it's a small, pretty and stylish machine. And that costs money, too.

oh it does, but im sure you can do better!
Yeah, stylish is what I'm looking for, since whatever I get will be sitting out in the open on top of my bedroom dresser (TV mounted on the wall). That's why I'm currently looking at this even though my main HTPC was the same price and much more powerful. Just trying to see what other options out there. Do you think a Mac Mini gives me more bang for the buck?
eskro Wrote:$429.00 for a NEO/iON combo, OUCH!!

Resurrecting the original question w/o the price aspect...I can get one of these for $250 - but ignoring the price, any good info on how these units run as far as handling HD content and XBMC? I'd like to better nderstand the ION graphics on these machines (nForce 520 LE) vs the ION on the original Acer Revo's (R3610 models).

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo RL1000