Harmony One can't wake MacMini from sleep
I have a new Mac Mini 2011/AMD GPU with XBMC 10.1. I configured my remote according to the first page of a thread found in the General Support (using Plex Player) and everything works fine except for one thing. Sleep.

I can't wake from sleep the MacMini using whatever key on the remote. I have to manually hit the Power button on the back of the Mac.

Is there a way to wake the MacMini with a Harmony One remote?
Pressing and holding play/pause on the Apple remote should wake/sleep a mac. I imagine you would just need to program a button on the Harmony One to send the same IR signal for the play button.
This isn't an issue with the macmini or harmony one or your keymaps, its an issue with lion. It has for whatever unknown reason disabled the ability to wake from sleep a computer with remote. Didn't get fixed in the .1 release, hoping its still a bug and not intentional.

I am having the same issue on a 2010 mac mini, and prior to lion pressing any button on my remote, up down, play pause ok whatever would wake my mac mini from sleep. Infact I wouldn't even say its sleep mode, its jsut that point where the mac mini puts the display (my 46 inch tv) to sleep but the computer itself isn't in sleep mode. With lion, only way to wake my display is with pressing something on keyboard.

Not sure if the apple play/pause is a solution, but if that works let me know. I would think it wouldn't work since ultimately its still a remote, and apple seems to have disabled ability to wake computer via infrared.
nmirza Wrote:This isn't an issue with the macmini or harmony one or your keymaps, its an issue with lion. It has for whatever unknown reason disabled the ability to wake from sleep a computer with remote. Didn't get fixed in the .1 release, hoping its still a bug and not intentional.

I am having the same issue on a 2010 mac mini, and prior to lion pressing any button on my remote, up down, play pause ok whatever would wake my mac mini from sleep. Infact I wouldn't even say its sleep mode, its jsut that point where the mac mini puts the display (my 46 inch tv) to sleep but the computer itself isn't in sleep mode. With lion, only way to wake my display is with pressing something on keyboard.

Not sure if the apple play/pause is a solution, but if that works let me know. I would think it wouldn't work since ultimately its still a remote, and apple seems to have disabled ability to wake computer via infrared.

It seems you are correct. Just tried it on my MBP 09 running 10.7 and while I could sleep the computer, I could not wake it.

It's probably an intentional change, like how you can't wake a mac from sleep by swiping on a trackpad. Keep your eyes out for 3rd party utilities to hopefully bring this back for us.
Ned Scott Wrote:Keep your eyes out for 3rd party utilities to hopefully bring this back for us.

My MacMini is running the latest of Candelair. As of now it is not working either. I hope they will be able to do something about that in the near future.
Here is a link to Plex Forum with 2 or 3 workaround. Check it out!

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ntry184170
lebrett Wrote:Here is a link to Plex Forum with 2 or 3 workaround. Check it out!

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ntry184170

All that workaround does is prevent the screen from shutting off... in other words it prevents that Mac from sleeping in the first place, which could probably be done by just disabling power saving completely from the preferences panel.
voip-ninja Wrote:All that workaround does is prevent the screen from shutting off...

Yes you are right. But it is one workaround nonetheless. There are two others below. One is buying Remote Buddy. And the third way a couple of post below is uninstalling Candelair drivers if you had them installed.

I will try the last workaround first thing when I get home tonight. And if it's not working, I will probably buy Remote Buddy.

I'll keep you posted of what will happen.
News update :

I uninstalled Candelair Driver but it did nothing. The remote stopped working.

So I installed Remote Buddy and everything worked like it should. Even Wake from sleep. The only grip is that my remote needs to be reconfigured because Remote Buddy remaps the buttons it's own way.

So for now I re-installed Candelair the way it was before and will do a bit of reading to check what I will do next: Wait for an update of Candelair or remap my Harmony One to Remote Buddy's spec.
I've gotta say, Lion really did a good job at making XBMC suck. Amazing that a minor OS update can mess up so many things.

So first, the optical sound issue after playing DTS. Now this wake thing. It's almost like they want to muck it up.

Anyway, hopefully the XBMC team can figure out some workarounds. It sure looks like the Apple programmers are making it challenging for XBMC, but I won't be surprised when the XBMC programmers come up with a sound and a wake fix before Apple does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One can't wake MacMini from sleep0