What do you use for backing up?
Was looking at some freeware solutions for backup on sites like CNET and figured since it's for my media server, why not ask others on this site what they use....

When my server is done.. I'll have 2x3TB internal drives (movies/TV) and a hot swappable 5.25" bay for removable drives, and a pair of 3TB drives for backups.

Looking for a simple program where I can point at drive/folder 1, and drive/folder 2, and the software will basically scan the two for differences and copy the differences only from 1->2 vs copying the whole thing. Copied my Movie folder to a temp external 2TB yesterday and I think was about 11 hours.

It was USB2.0, when I get the 5.25" tray, it'll plugin direct to the sATA on the motherboard and be much faster.

Anyways... looking to keep backups on a shelf somewhere safe from say a virus, or electrical surge etc, which is why not looking to learn RAID setups and such. Just 2x3TB internal and 2x3TB off-system backups.

Anyone have any recommendations for freeware that they might be using?
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
FreeFileSync seems to be a pretty quick and customisable freeware package.

I don't use it to backup large files - mainly photos and documents - so couldn't tell you how it woudl go with really large stuff.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Hmm... not as many replies as I'd have thought but, doesn't matter...

Tried that FreeFileSync and works great, shows me the differences between the two sides, lets me deleted and sync. Which is great since I'm making MKV's of many of my DVD's because about 1/3 the size of the ISO files, and this keeps me from having duplicate movies in 2 formats.

Thanks RocketPants.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do you use for backing up?0