• 21(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
(2015-09-22, 04:07)Lisa_ Wrote: I just installed this addon and was wondering if their is a step by step tutorial some place the only place I was able to find the Global search to try and search for anything was in the Global Search "Launch" button in the "addon information" thing where you have a option to install or uninstall or configure the addon.
it depends on the skin you are using if & where they place a search button.
many skin will put the search option on the homescreen.
could be that you need to enable it in the skin settings first.
(2015-09-22, 04:07)Lisa_ Wrote: I figure if their is a step by step tutorial following the tutorial will probably answer most the questions we might have.
there's not much more to it than what you can read in the first post i think...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The update failed last night on my test machine running Windows 10 and Jarvis Alpha 2. Giving me the error "addon does not have correct structure". I will install a nightly tonight and if I still get that error, I will post a log.

Windows 8.1 running Isenguard 15.1 updated fine.

Both have T! skin.

Thanks for all your work Ronie
(2015-09-24, 15:11)RavRob Wrote: The update failed last night on my test machine running Windows 10 and Jarvis Alpha 2. Giving me the error "addon does not have correct structure". I will install a nightly tonight and if I still get that error, I will post a log.

latest update is indeed compatible with nightly builds only.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie.
I've been wondering if it would be possible for other addons to somehow "use" this addons UI and provide there own search-results.
This would make sense for add-ons that provide e.g. music (where the search results could be Artists, Albums or Tracks).

So the idea would be that the user triggers a search within the addon itself which than fetchs all data and just displays the result via
the global-search UI

Not sure whether this is possible already (tried finding some form of doc but failed)
Hi ronie,
I use the latest Kodi 15.2 with Eminence 2, and have been troubleshooting a search and lookup problem which I think could be resolved in script.globalsearch, so I wanted to hear your thoughts.

Basically, I do a movie search (using script.globalsearch) and then launch a lookup on one of the results from script-globalsearch-infodialog.xml, calling script.extendedinfo with available infolabels:
Code:
<onfocus condition="Control.IsVisible(110)">
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,name=$INFO[Container(100).ListItem.Label])
</onfocus>

The problem here is that for "common" movie titles, the name alone is too abiguous and will sometimes lookup the wrong movie results. The best way I can think to remove the ambiguity is to use the DBID, but there isn't a documented movie infolabel provided by script.globalsearch.

However, looking through the code I see there's already partial support for a DBID infolabel using ListItem.Property(id). This exists for TV shows for example, but not movies. Would you consider adding the DBID as a Property in general? Since I've seen the common 'id' label variously used to refer to imdb, tmdb, tvdb , etc., perhaps it might be less confusing to use Property(dbid) instead?

If you're open to such a change, I've made them in resources/lib/gui.py and tested locally, and can share if that would be helpful (just tell me how best to).

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have. Many thanks!
you're correct, the dbid if available internally in the script.
i probably didn't expose it to the skin when i created the script as it was of no use to skinners back them.

in case you're familiar with github, feel free to PR your changes here:
https://github.com/ronie/script.globalsearch/

just let me know, i don't mind adding the changes myself :-)
mm, does anything changed with dependencies from 15.2 RC's to the stable 15.2 ? something with python dependency ?
Code:
15:01:14 T:9392   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.globalsearch]: requires xbmc.python version 2.24.0 which is not available
15:01:14 T:9392   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.phenomenal]: dependency check failed

Windows 10, 15.2 final - the errors appear when some user try to update my skin.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-10-23, 14:03)tomer953 Wrote: mm, does anything changed with dependencies from 15.2 RC's to the stable 15.2 ? something with python dependency ?
Code:
15:01:14 T:9392   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.globalsearch]: requires xbmc.python version 2.24.0 which is not available
15:01:14 T:9392   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.phenomenal]: dependency check failed

Windows 10, 15.2 final - the errors appear when some user try to update my skin.

the isengard version of globalsearch requires python 2.20.0, the jarvis version needs 2.24.0

so it looks like it's trying to install the jarvis version on kodi isengard... no idea why.
do you have a full Debug Log?
(2015-10-23, 14:08)ronie Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 14:03)tomer953 Wrote: mm, does anything changed with dependencies from 15.2 RC's to the stable 15.2 ? something with python dependency ?
Code:

the isengard version of globalsearch requires python 2.20.0, the jarvis version needs 2.24.0

so it looks like it's trying to install the jarvis version on kodi isengard... no idea why.
do you have a full Debug Log?

mm, Actually I already fixed to him the problem by copy the skin files manually to the skin folders, and restart kodi more then once (so the "old" log is not available as well)
so I don't have the proper log file.
here is the current one: http://pastebin.com/5kXqWxjb
don't know if it helps..
I will let you know if more users will have similar issue.
(2015-10-23, 14:26)tomer953 Wrote: mm, Actually I already fixed to him the problem by copy the skin files manually to the skin folders, and restart kodi more then once (so the "old" log is not available as well)
so I don't have the proper log file.
here is the current one: http://pastebin.com/5kXqWxjb
don't know if it helps..
I will let you know if more users will have similar issue.

maybe the user had a kodi jarvis nighly installed at some point and switched back to isengard?
can't think of any other reason tbh.
Bingo, he confirms that.
whats now? (actually problem already solved... but..still ?)
(2015-10-23, 14:39)tomer953 Wrote: Bingo, he confirms that.
whats now? (actually problem already solved... but..still ?)

hitting the 'check for updates' button in the addon manager might work.
otherwise he'll has to delete the addon database.
(2015-10-23, 10:53)ronie Wrote: you're correct, the dbid if available internally in the script.
i probably didn't expose it to the skin when i created the script as it was of no use to skinners back them.

in case you're familiar with github, feel free to PR your changes here:
https://github.com/ronie/script.globalsearch/

just let me know, i don't mind adding the changes myself :-)
I had to figure out GitHib Smile, but there should now be a PR so please review when you have a chance.

BTW, I just realized you're making Jarvis-related commits. Is the latest Git version still compatible with Isengard? Jarvis seems distant, and I was wondering if bugfixes or compatible features like this would be available for Isengard?

Thanks again very much.
(2015-10-24, 05:03)guido1138 Wrote: BTW, I just realized you're making Jarvis-related commits. Is the latest Git version still compatible with Isengard? Jarvis seems distant, and I was wondering if bugfixes or compatible features like this would be available for Isengard?

nope it's not fully compatible with isengard, i had to make some changes in the addon due to changes in kodi jarvis.
your pr is not really isengard material either, as you've changed the 'id' window property to 'dbib' in a few places.
that might break skins that were already using that property (not likely, but you never know).
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1