• 7(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
Thanks for your reply.

I have the latest graphics driver for my card (11.8) for ATI

I selected HDMI output in control panel and XBMC so it reads "Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI Output)

Stereo has been selected in control panel.

I followed your guide as best I could, from start to finish. Any thoughts else as to why I could be having issues?

Thanks again Blu Ray. I appreciate it.
Schwiing Wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I have the latest graphics driver for my card (11.8) for ATI

I selected HDMI output in control panel and XBMC so it reads "Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI Output)

Stereo has been selected in control panel.

I followed your guide as best I could, from start to finish. Any thoughts else as to why I could be having issues?

Thanks again Blu Ray. I appreciate it.
try these- xbmc>system>settings>audio output>select "passthrough output device....ati hdmi....." instead of default and check "gui sounds while playback". set avr to passthrough video, and left it to process the audio only!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks for your reply. I changed the setting with XBMC, but I'm not sure which setting you mean on my receiver.. the closest I can think of is the hdmi control setting but I'm not entirely sure. either way I tried a combination of those with no luck.. still hunting. if you have any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again

**EDIT:

So I did a little investigating, and although I don't have a solution yet, I believe I found what could be the issue. So, in your second step, you mention to install the Realtek High Definition Audio driver, which I did. Here's what I got (and yes, I'm running x64 W7):

So I selected that, downloaded it, and done. But then I look into your control panel word document, and you mention that the codecs need to be listed, which, none are. So that can't work. So, going back to the above image, I download and install the "ATI HDMI Audio Device" driver. Sure enough, that brings the codecs in the control panel showing DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc etc (5 of them).

After loading up this config, I launch XBMC, and still hiccups in the audio stream as I mentioned before. Strange. I have it selected as stereo (even though I have options up to 7.1) and in XBMC, I tried putting the passthrough output device to ati hdmi instead of default. Still no luck! Hm.

So anyway, if this helps at all, then great. Being able to play Blu ray ISOs is what I'm after as you have yours working. Any further help is appreciated. Thanks again.
Schwiing Wrote:I have it selected as stereo (even though I have options up to 7.1) and in XBMC, I tried putting the passthrough output device to ati hdmi instead of default.
i know, and everyone always think that they should selected 7.1 to get sounds in all their 7.1 system. here is the catch-

if you're passing through audio via hdmi, it doesn't matter how many speakers you tell windows to passthrough. it'll only passthrough whatever is available in audio codec within the movie file.

you need to set it to stereo because when you play a non passthrough audio format (usually 2ch stuff) stereo will stay as stereo and pass to the amp cleanly, and the other audio codecs (5.1/7.1) will be passed through with raw codec cleanly too.

what are your graphic card and a/v receiver?
Understood and it's set to stereo.

Graphics: APU E-350
AVR: Onkyo HT-R670
Schwiing Wrote:Understood and it's set to stereo.

Graphics: APU E-350
AVR: Onkyo HT-R670
isn't your graphic card amd radeon hd 6310? i know it can playback with other software fine, but xbmc is probly the most difficult one to get it to playback fluently. the bottleneck might be the integrated hd 6310. if you want to move up a notch, you might want to consider one of these cards- gt430 and hd6450.

i'm not familiar with your onkyo model. you can check the manual to see if there is way to set video to passthrough. it's usually in hdmi selection section of the manual.
I have a 990FX chipset mobo, a Phenom II x4, 16 g of DDR3 ram, and a 6770 video card with 2GB of DDR5 ram. I still get a few hiccups in the audio. Honestly, I think it's always going to be a little glitchy when you're dealing with audio and video streams of this bitrate.
clubwerks Wrote:I have a 990FX chipset mobo, a Phenom II x4, 16 g of DDR3 ram, and a 6770 video card with 2GB of DDR5 ram. I still get a few hiccups in the audio. Honestly, I think it's always going to be a little glitchy when you're dealing with audio and video streams of this bitrate.
that scenario might be true for most htpc owners, but i'm not sure why i don't have hiccup on both pre-eden and 7mce. 7mce is the most consistence though. i have been bitstreaming with 7mce since beginning of this year, and it never give me any hiccup yet. i use 7mce the most because it allow me to seamlessly add-on directv2pc and netflix is looking better too.

oh, my newest htpc in the media room is much less powerful than your. it is asrock e350m1 with gt430.
bluray Wrote:that scenario might be true for most htpc owners, but i'm not sure why i don't have hiccup on both pre-eden and 7mce. 7mce is the most consistence though. i have been bitstreaming with 7mce since beginning of this year, and it never give me any hiccup yet. i use 7mce the most because it allow me to seamlessly add-on directv2pc and netflix is looking better too.

oh, my newest htpc in the media room is much less powerful than your. it is asrock e350m1 with gt430.

I think that's an unrealistic analysis of the situation. Maybe you just don't notice it. When I say hiccup, I mean very small glitches that are barely noticeable to most people. If you honestly don't have any glitches ever, consider yourself among the .1% of the people that don't have any problems with anything ever apparently. Personally, I think you're a bit too much of a cheerleader to give an honest account of the situation. And you're right, your computer is WAY less powerful than mine, so I'd be shocked if I was pleased with the performance.
clubwerks Wrote:I think that's an unrealistic analysis of the situation. Maybe you just don't notice it. When I say hiccup, I mean very small glitches that are barely noticeable to most people. If you honestly don't have any glitches ever, consider yourself among the .1% of the people that don't have any problems with anything ever apparently. Personally, I think you're a bit too much of a cheerleader to give an honest account of the situation. And you're right, your computer is WAY less powerful than mine, so I'd be shocked if I was pleased with the performance.
so far so good, my 4 kids beat the hell out of it too. it stay on 24/7 too.

i know when things work okay. if it doesn't work, i wouldn't keep it. as i mentioned several times in here, i returned and sold nearly 10 media players because it isn't performed to my satisfaction. i'm very nitpicking about how thing work!
clubwerks- since 7mce is included with w7, you can give it a try. it take very little time to setup 7mce to bitstream dts-hd/truehd. to me, 7mce video and audio works more fluent than xbmc. my kids and wife enjoy using 7mce than xbmc. since i setup 7mce, i never have any issue with bitstreaming!

if you want to give it try, it's in my signature.
Just to make sure, for your 7MC guide, does that use the internal player or is that using an external MPC-HC or something of the like?
Blu ray-

Update:

Im playing directly from the server now, and it has no issues. So it's either network related (unlikely as its over a 1gbps network) or like you mentioned, its hardware. while playing on my 5450 (server), it works smoothly.

Now a new problem. Can't get music to work. Its mute (and shows no sound in the visualization also). Any reason why that could be?
UPDATE AGAIN:

This goes for anyone else with this issue. I had no stereo sound, no GUI sound in the menu, and no music sound, but 7.1 sound worked. The solution was odd:

1) Add a TV show (or any stereo video source)
2) Play the TV show
3) Hit OK, go into audio settings and drag the slider with a mouse from 0.0dB to 1.0dB. Now you have sound in the TV show
4) go back to the menu. You have GUI sound, and Music.
5) Weird!!! Enjoy.
Question 
Hi bluray...

this nick is everything I want to ask about. Is it possible to play a bluray disk on XBMC?

If yes, which is the best (or only) choice? DVDPlayer, DSPlayer, External PowerDVD11, External TMT5, or other?

For files, I'm currently using DSPlayer. I saw that DVDPlayer was fixed for Pre-Eden. It's worth to back to DVDPlayer, or better keep DSPlayer?

Thanks!

Best Regards
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7