Importing iTunes playlist
Hi guys,

I want to import my itunes playlist, or a converted .m3u version of my playlist into XBMC, but for the life of me can not work it out.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Big Grin
If you put a .m3u file somewhere where XBMC can see it XBMC will play that playlist whenever you select it (from File mode, I'm not sure how this works in Library mode).

Alternatively, XBMC keeps it's playlists in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playlists. Note there are separate subdirectories for Video and Music. You can copy the .m3u files into one of these directories.

To open the %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playlists folder press windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playlists"

(including the quotes) and click OK. This should open an Explorer window.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You can copy the .m3u files into one of these directories.

To open the %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playlists folder press windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playlists"

JR

Thanks a million, that's worked perfectly!!!
OK - so, found this thread by Googling my issue, which was pretty much exactly the same as the poster's. Here's a quick question, however :

Would it be possible to use symlinks (much in the same way as you do with the Thumbnails folder when using a MySQL database) for the XBMC Playlists folder, so that it links directly to the iTunes one? This is just so that I don't have to re-import a playlist every time I make a change. My perfect scenario would be seamless integration of iTunes and XBMC, so that when I purchase a song in iTunes, put in a playlist (or several), I could just fire XBMC up and all the playlists would be updated automatically.

Cheers!
That's certainly worth a try ...

JR
Did you get this working?
I've installed Kodi on my Amazon Fire stick and imported my music. Although I can see my folder with Itunes playlists and select an M3U file it won't play. It shows the listing of the songs but fails to play. Any ideas? Can I adb into the Fire Stick and put the m3u files into a directory? (And if so - How?!).
Thanks.
(2015-05-29, 06:13)lee3lions Wrote: I've installed Kodi on my Amazon Fire stick and imported my music. Although I can see my folder with Itunes playlists and select an M3U file it won't play. It shows the listing of the songs but fails to play. Any ideas? Can I adb into the Fire Stick and put the m3u files into a directory? (And if so - How?!).
Thanks.

I believe when you use m3u on other device you need to change path to files in m3u (From local directory to share path to media folder). Text editor would be suffice.

You need to properly setup share path though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing iTunes playlist0