• 15(current)
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS
jd2157 Wrote:Good point. Once someone determines it's an afp crash the conversation stops there (for the foreseeable future).

Thanks for the background. Helps clarify things a lot.

sad but true ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
so http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106659
is useful again. Smile
ben33400 Wrote:so http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106659
is useful again. :)

Yeah, I plan on adding it to the wiki FAQ, either under the iOS one or under the Mac OS one (once I/others get around to redoing it... anyone wanna help :D )

In fact, we could use a whole wiki page for each of these solutions (NFS already has one) to make it even easier to expand and go into detail, or just give step-by-step instructions with screen shots, etc.

Although I hear AFP in XBMC..--*red sniper dot appears on head*-- ...nothing... nothing at all.
Ned Scott Wrote:Yeah, I plan on adding it to the wiki FAQ, either under the iOS one or under the Mac OS one (once I/others get around to redoing it... anyone wanna help Big Grin )

In fact, we could use a whole wiki page for each of these solutions (NFS already has one) to make it even easier to expand and go into detail, or just give step-by-step instructions with screen shots, etc.

Although I hear AFP in XBMC..--*red sniper dot appears on head*-- ...nothing... nothing at all.

I added it a while ago, doesn't mean it couldn't be tied up if someone was inclined: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...sing_media

As for AFP in XBMC, sounds like you were about to announce you're taking over development of libafpclient... is that true? I think that's awesome Tongue
Yeah for sure ... NedScott is taking over now ... Thx Ned ... and by the way - our weapons are more stealth now ... no red sniper dots anymore ... just cruising bullets Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
So you're saying a true AFP support is coming for xbmc, for those of us who're using AppleTV2 with MacOS Lion?

If so that's awesome, is it coming before Eden?
jd2157 Wrote:As for AFP in XBMC, sounds like you were about to announce you're taking over development of libafpclient... is that true? I think that's awesome :P

Hahaha, no. That would require me to know how to program :D
madmaxx Wrote:So you're saying a true AFP support is coming for xbmc, for those of us who're using AppleTV2 with MacOS Lion?

Before Eden? No. After Eden? The future hasn't been written yet...

All I can say is that there is interest in having AFP support in XBMC, and that it was decided that the current AFP library was a dead end. I don't think there is anything actually planned at this point beyond that, but I've learned to not underestimate the group whenever there's interest in something.
... Apple may even fix up SMB support so that it works again *ducks under a passing flock of pigs*
madmaxx Wrote:So you're saying a true AFP support is coming for xbmc, for those of us who're using AppleTV2 with MacOS Lion?

I said nothing of that. And I don't want something like this as a rumour in the forum.

Beside that - as you might have heared - source code is in hard freeze at the moment. Only bugfixes are allowed to get in. So there definitly won't be any new features added before Edens release.
Memphiz Wrote:I said nothing of that. And I don't want something like this as a rumour in the forum.

Beside that - as you might have heared - source code is in hard freeze at the moment. Only bugfixes are allowed to get in. So there definitly won't be any new features added before Edens release.

Ok then, thanks for clarifying. I hope some decent solution goes out in terms of streaming from Mac.
Sorry guys I cannot seem to get afp sharing from my Mac Pro to my ATV2. I have tried to follow the steps here but it won't import my library. It must be something to do with pathway I'm entering. I have afp sharing activated on my Mac Pro with the folders I want to share. For an example can someone please tell me how to share this folder through afp "/Users/bobkane/Movies/TV Shows". Thanks in advance.
New user here... was looking for an alternative to Boxee which seems to be dead for ATV and the new version of XBMC is great... runs real quick on my ATV (1st gen). I too had the problem with AFP not working. I don't know exactly what I did, but it eventually started working. I changed my setting on the Guest User on my Mac Mini (Lion) to allow guest connections. The AFP shares would show up in XBMC under ZeroConfig. It took me awhile to find ZeroConfig because it's under Videos when you add a source, and not through Settings.

Even though the sources showed up, it would just be "working" over and over and nothing would result. Then clicking on the AFP share again would do nothing, just a sound but no "working" message. I would restart XBMC and reboot the ATV etc. click different shares then cancel and try the AFP again and it eventually worked.

I added 2 folders from my AFP share... one for Movies and another for TV shows. The TV shows started indexing right away but the movies would not, saying it wasn't connected to the network. I tried again the next day, even changing the movies index to use IMDB instead. Still the same error. Then I went to the Movies folder, held the menu button and chose "Scan For New Content" and it indexed with no error.

So it seems to not be without bugs, and I haven't gotten fully into testing playback yet, but I'm very happy that the XBMC team has added AFP support, allowing us Lion users back into the media centre world. With the loss of Boxee I was going to stick to my ATV1 but now I know when I get an ATV2 I will have a fantastic alternative.

Thanks again! Hope my little ramblings might help some others who are having difficulties.
I too managed to get AFP working with Apple TV 1 and Lion but the playback is not reliable as I pointed out here in this thread.

I'm going to look at UPnP to see if I have better luck
kealan Wrote:Sorry guys I cannot seem to get afp sharing from my Mac Pro to my ATV2. I have tried to follow the steps here but it won't import my library. It must be something to do with pathway I'm entering. I have afp sharing activated on my Mac Pro with the folders I want to share. For an example can someone please tell me how to share this folder through afp "/Users/bobkane/Movies/TV Shows". Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping someone comes along with an idiots guide on how to set a share with Lion 10.7.2 and XBMC.

I can supply the idiot (i.e....me)

Thanks in advance!

m
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS1