Got Harmony 900, how to get it work with XBMC?
Question 
Hi

I have Harmony 900 remote, and I purchased an IR receiver, from amazon.

the IR receiver model no is" OVU104007/00, which is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-Receiver-O...B0057GXAW2

now, How can I set it up with XBMC?
ton of info on the forums on this... search 'Harmony remote'

in the future, please search before posting, thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
You've got an excellent IR receiver, and that makes life very easy :-)

Configure the Harmony to emulate a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard. Once you've done this a lot of the buttons on the Harmony will immediately work with XBMC. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to optimise the remote.

JR
I got it to work, but it communicates with Windows Media Center, not XBMC.

Any idea how to make it work with XBMC?
HiSoC8Y Wrote:but it communicates with Windows Media Center, not XBMC

I don't understand what that means. There are some buttons that, left at the default settings, will launch Windows media center if you press them. Is that what you mean? If so use ther MCERemote add-on or EliteGamer360's scripts as described in the Wiki article I mentioned.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I don't understand what that means. There are some buttons that, left at the default settings, will launch Windows media center if you press them. Is that what you mean? If so use ther MCERemote add-on or EliteGamer360's scripts as described in the Wiki article I mentioned.

JR

I didnt have to do any of that to make mine work, just set it as Microsoft Multimedia keyboard and removed all the entries i didnt need.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

jhsrennie Wrote:I don't understand what that means. There are some buttons that, left at the default settings, will launch Windows media center if you press them. Is that what you mean? If so use ther MCERemote add-on or EliteGamer360's scripts as described in the Wiki article I mentioned.

JR

Well, I added MCE Keyboard & MCE Remote on my Harmony 900.

Then, when I test it, and let's say I press "Power" on the MCE Remote, It starts Windows Media Center, not XBMC.

this is what I meant.
HiSoC8Y Wrote:Well, I added MCE Keyboard & MCE Remote on my Harmony 900.

Then, when I test it, and let's say I press "Power" on the MCE Remote, It starts Windows Media Center, not XBMC.

this is what I meant.

The only button mapping that should launch WMCE is the Green Start Button, search EliteGamer360's forum post/site for a registy file that remaps that functionality.
HiSoC8Y
If you are planning to use WMC & XBMC I suggest using EventGhost as it is a much more elegant, and easier to use/change, then the native/hack XBMC . If you simply want to use XBMC, and NOT WMC, then you can disable WMC and the XBMC hack will work fine.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I didn't have to do anything to make mine work either. Nothing accept set it to MC Keyboard and configure a few buttons in the Harmony setup to put things where I wanted them. I really help if you know all the XBMC keyboard shortcuts too.
HiSoC8Y Wrote:Well, I added MCE Keyboard & MCE Remote on my Harmony 900.

this is what I meant.

Try installing the MCERemote add-on and using it to configure the remote. The MCERemote add-on is in the Get Add-ons/Programs section.

JR
HiSoC8Y Wrote:I got it to work, but it communicates with Windows Media Center, not XBMC.

Any idea how to make it work with XBMC?

Can you provide some feedback on how you got this to work? Does Device Manager list it as 'eHome'? Mine does not, so I was reviewing the Wiki to configure it via the xml method.

However, my objective is to get it to work with WMC, not XMBC (for now).
Easiest way to do this is download LM Gestion : LM remote Keymap. When choosing a remote on that software just choose any standard WMC remote. Edit the settings on the remote and click the setting that removes all control from wmc shell. This gives LM full control of the remote and the home button will stop pulling up Media center. The only problem I found with this software is it wants to send a command on play and pause and xbmc already detects it. Just change the action on those buttons to NONE no action and you will be fine. You can now reprogram the home button to automaticly open xbmc. The reason why the power button is starting media center is because you setup the activity on your remote to have media center go to "home" during the power on cycle. Just change the activity on the logitech software. If you need anymore help let me know. I have the same remote controlling sagetv with a cable card tuner, xbmc, my sound system, and tv all under one activity. The remote is amazing once you get it programmed correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Got Harmony 900, how to get it work with XBMC?0