Crash when trying to add SMB source
Sad 
Like the title says, I have a fresh install of win& 64 and a fresh install of XBMC. When I try to add a source and select WINDOWS share SMB It says working for a moment then locks up.

I have tried turning off windows firewall and I can view the shares fine in windows itself. I should mention that this machine has been my dedicated HTPC for a few months now, and the hard drive died which forced the reinstall and such. It worked fine before this.

Any help would be beyond welcome as I am likely to just smash everything.
Try adding the source in a different way. When you click the Browse button choose "Add network location" instead of "SMB" (you need to scroll the list down to see this option). Enter the server and share name and user details if you need them, then when you click OK the source should appear in the list as smb://server/share. Select this source, click OK and that should work.

JR
Ok I can access the server shares this way now. Thanks for that. Any idea why this is happening?
When you try and view the members of a SMB workgroup a protocol called "browsing" is used. This has been used since the early days of Microsoft Networking back in the Windows for Workgroups days (actually I think MS Lan Manager used it too). It was unreliable then and hasn't got any better since.

That's a bit unfair, since browsing generally works fine, but there are many cases where it can stop working and you get the sort of symptoms you see. Adding the network location by hand bypasses browsing, though of course you need to know the server and share names.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when trying to add SMB source0