Default select action -> show information -> bug?
Hi,

if I set the default select action to show information, the video starts playing after closing the video info dialog. This happens only if the dialog was opened with the select action. Seems like a bug to me but maybe it's intended?
I'm confused but I guess you mean it doesn't close the dialog some other way and that's the bug ?
No if I select a movie it opens video info. If I close it, video starts playing... is that intended? I would think you have to choose play from the dialog other than close the dialog. Maybe it's just me but I close the dialog with backspace or esc and that's more a abort or cancel action for me, not "play video".
Back or Esc close the info for me.
Happens for me with the latest build on Windows & OS X.

20110907-6920fbc -> video does not start after closing
20110912-8cb8ae1 -> video starts after closing
I just tested it with the latest build and it happens to me as well. Can you please create a bug report on trac and CC me as I implemented the auto-show info (but I haven't touched it since I implemented it so might be someone else's fault).
Thanks for reporting this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Done
I tracked the problem down and fixed it a minute ago so it should be in the next nightly build. The bug was introduced by a commit from yesterday so you managed to find it pretty fast. Thanks again for the report.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks back for the quick fix. Smile
Sorry for the bork and thanks for the fix @ Montellese Wink
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default select action -> show information -> bug?0