XBMC choppy menus Windows 7 on ION2 board
Hello
I have a fresh installation of Win7 and XBMC with all drivers needed.

What i use is a ION2 Mobo with 4GB Ram, Win7 64x and 40gb Intel SSD.

The playback sometimes stutters, just for a few sec.
But the menus are incredible slow and choppy...
I have tried to change skins, but weather im in the movie view or in the home menu i feel that its very laggy, at least for what im used to.

Im not a windows guy at all, but i had problem in linux forcing me to change platform, so any help here is welcome.
Thanks
The first step is *always* to supply us with a debug log.

Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC, wait a minute or two to let all the scanning finish then close it again.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/UvujgHNW

what i do mostly is navigate in movies. Using Aeon skin atm.

playback:
I had a similar problem; took a few seconds to switch between movies, TV, Series, etc. Turned out once I shut off the rss feed everything ran smooth. Why? Don't know but I had 3 sports feeds set to update every few minutes. Now I can use any skin with no issues on ASUS AT3IONT-I with 4gigs of memory running windows 7. *Been switching back and forth between Aeon MQ2 and Neon lately to determine which I like more*
Funny,
i dont have any rss feeds,
i have Asus AT5IONT-I deluxe...
What video settings et c do you use?
try toggling the fullscreen window/true fullscreen option...Seemed to fix my issue with menu lag.
render= auto detect, dxva2=off refresh=on sync=on aspect=20% display=normal, video post= SD only and I calibrated my video. The only stutter or lag that occurs now is when FF or REV video as it take 1-2 seconds for the video to become smooth again. Menu changes are really smooth (now after the rss feed is slowed to 30min updates) and in the neon skin the menu changes are really fast (3 custom menu items and 3 addon scripts) . (ASUS AT3IONT-I with 4gigs of memory running windows 7 and 2TB green drive)

Hope this helps
I can't see anything obviously wrong in the log. I note you have lots of films in rars. Given that it's only an Atom processor unraring lots of videos might be loading up your CPU a bit.

JR
The playback is much better after i changed some stuff, but the menu issue is the same...
I changed Render to Pixelshade (IIRC) and now when i move the mouse during playback, the playback gets laggy (Like a DVD that has scratches) and when i pause / unpause it gets clean again...
I had a ION htpc before, with worse hardware, and it was more smooth then this... :S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC choppy menus Windows 7 on ION2 board0