wraplist: different layout for every item?
how can i achieve that every item (about 10 or so) in an horizontal wraplist looks different?
using <visible> tags in <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> doesn't seem to work, or i couldn't figure out the correct condition...
and leaving <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> blank and putting everything into the <content> part also doesn't seem to work...

any ideas on that?
If you have your own content with items, you can do this. Add

<property name="1">1</property>

to every item, second item name="2", third 3 and so on. In itemlayout & focusedlayout do:

Code:
<control type="group">
   <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.property(1))</visible>
   <!-- Add layout for first item here -->
</control>
<control type="group">
   <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.property(2))</visible>
   <!-- Add layout for second item here -->
</control>
[...]

If you want to have different layout width or height for every item, I don't think that would be possible.
`Black Wrote:If you want to have different layout width or height for every item, I don't think that would be possible.

A grouplist would work for that.
about different layout size for each item in containers - feel free to join discussion in 432 (PR)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
ok... this is my current test drive skin to try things out before coding something undoable through xbmc...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid...0862DA!210

there are two horizontal wraplists (one with font and one with those colored placeholders); the upper wraplist controls the one below (and perhaps later also the background sliding left or right if i can manage that) because of the smooth scroll handling; the placeholders should be filled with items (vertical lists or a panelcontainer);
atm the problem is that i couldn't manage to fill the lower wraplist with those placeholders in the matter that every item looks different... i can make one for focused and one for unfocused, but i like to have special ones for music, system, pictures and so on... (changed the code in focusedlayout for every screen)
`Black Wrote:If you have your own content with items, you can do this. Add

<property name="1">1</property>

to every item, second item name="2", third 3 and so on. In itemlayout & focusedlayout do:

Code:
<control type="group">
   <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.property(1))</visible>
   <!-- Add layout for first item here -->
</control>
<control type="group">
   <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.property(2))</visible>
   <!-- Add layout for second item here -->
</control>
[...]

If you want to have different layout width or height for every item, I don't think that would be possible.

Ok, thats the way i can put content in. i guess it would also be possible to put a list in there? or a panel?
those slim panels should be filled by vertical lists and the wide panels with icons through a panel...

but the problem i have now, is that i couldn't manage those placeholder images to display correctly.
each item of the wraplist is as wide as the screen and these placeholders are in a group...

my suggestion would be:

Code:
<itemlayout>
[INDENT]<item id="1">
...(placeholder group for first item)
</item>
<item id="2">
...(placeholder group for second item)
</item>
[/INDENT]
</itemlayout>
<focusedlayout>
[INDENT]...(in this case the same as itemlayout)[/INDENT]
</focusedlayout>
<content>
[INDENT]<item id="1">
<control type="list">
</control>
<control type="panel">
</control>[/INDENT]
</content>

is something like that doable? do i have to put these lists also in the <itemlayout> section?

hope you all can see what i'm talking about and what i want to achieve Blush
If I we're doing this I'd probably just build each one as a separate group with different sized buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wraplist: different layout for every item?0