IMDB INfo from Addon
I am interested in adding a feature to my addon and not really sure its possible

At present i get video names & urls and list them.

what i would like to is the ability to (on apple tv2) to hold down menu button and show a context menu ie Get IMDB info

I would then feed it IMDB number it tt123456 and scrape the info from the site.
I would then like to display the info and Picture in seperate window.

Is this possible....
k_zeon Wrote:I am interested in adding a feature to my addon and not really sure its possible

At present i get video names & urls and list them.

what i would like to is the ability to (on apple tv2) to hold down menu button and show a context menu ie Get IMDB info

I would then feed it IMDB number it tt123456 and scrape the info from the site.
I would then like to display the info and Picture in seperate window.

Is this possible....

Why not have your addon automatically scrape all the info?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109725
Eldorado Wrote:Why not have your addon automatically scrape all the info?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109725

I did see that and dont really want to wait for 400 links to be scrapped.
Also it would fill the database with info and take up space.

As i would only be interested in the movie at hand , would just want to respond when a user holds menu and then context menu pops up and then i pass the imdb number and show movie info.

is there an example to generate a context menu when holding the menu button on a movie.

thks
k_zeon Wrote:I did see that and dont really want to wait for 400 links to be scrapped.
Also it would fill the database with info and take up space.

As i would only be interested in the movie at hand , would just want to respond when a user holds menu and then context menu pops up and then i pass the imdb number and show movie info.

is there an example to generate a context menu when holding the menu button on a movie.

thks

You only scrape the 400 movies once Smile

Not sure how to do what you want though, could be a good deal of work to do the scraper
Eldorado Wrote:You only scrape the 400 movies once Smile

Not sure how to do what you want though, could be a good deal of work to do the scraper

I already have a scrapper for a program i did with vb6, so have all the regex;s etc. not too difficult.
k_zeon Wrote:I already have a scrapper for a program i did with vb6, so have all the regex;s etc. not too difficult.

The scraper is done in vb6? Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but if so how will that port to other systems?

The ideal situation which I would also like to do with metautils is to call the existing TMDB or TVDB scrapers..

If you find a solution to what you want done post it up, would like to see how it's done!
Eldorado Wrote:The scraper is done in vb6? Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but if so how will that port to other systems?

The ideal situation which I would also like to do with metautils is to call the existing TMDB or TVDB scrapers..

If you find a solution to what you want done post it up, would like to see how it's done!

Sorry. I have code in VB6 and would have to port it to python.

will look at the metautils and see what i can come up with. still very new to this python

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB INfo from Addon0