Starting again - advice please
>>X<<' Wrote:Yeah it wouldn't take long only over a 1000 movies Laugh

I personally prefer each movie in its own folder but I wouldn't bother if I had a thousand to move and rename Shocked

It really depends on how many movies are multipart. file2folder works well to create individual folders for each file, then if there are only a few hundred multi part movies it is quick enough to copy them all into the one folder. As you say - its worth the effort to get the folder structure right and used in conjunction with a bulk renamer you can sort things out reasonably quickly.

@akhlaq - Once you have everything set up how you want and are still having problems getting all the media in the library XWMM does a reasonable job of showing what is in your library and what isn't. Check out the forum post on it for more info.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I was actually referring to isamu.dragon post when I said it wouldn't take long and it was only in jest Smile

My point is you don't have to put movies in their own folders or rename anything to get a good library its not essential it makes perfect sense to me but others don't care or see reason to if you full into the last group its pointless doing it and much easier just to correct the odd entry that's wrong
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
outatouch0 Wrote:You could also try 300.(2006).cd1.xvid etc.

I remember reading something somewhere about anything after a "-" being ignored. No idea where I read it, what exactly it pertained to, or if this was a setting that could be enabled/disabled or what it was.
Even though I don't remember the specifics, I avoid using dashes "-" now just in case.

Also, I have read several posts just like in this thread that cd1, part1, etc. works just fine for people. However this did not work for me. After trying a couple of variations I simply gave up and joined the files. Mkv Merge works great. I also use another .avi file joiner of which I can't remember the name (have to wait until I get home). Anyway, not all .avi joiners are created equally. I tried four of them and the other 3 were terrible and slow. Maybe it is called Fast Avi Joiner?

EDIT: Program is called "Fast AVI MPEG Joiner" and it does the job quickly

If you are using Linux, there is a program called avimerge, it comes as part of the transcode package. I've used it many times and it works very well.
I'm Win7 but thanks for the recomendation. I have found 'Fast AVI MPEG Joiner' does the trick. I use MKVmerge for .mkv files which is also simple and fast.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Just wanted to throw my guide in here as it explains everything you wanted to know...:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=780100

It also shows you media-manager-applications which are capable of sorting the movies into seperate folders and name them correctly.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting again - advice please0