Sickbeard addon
Hi,

I have written a quick and dirty sickbeard addon, it just changes the episodes status to wanted directly in the database.

You can change the status to an episode or a season.

To install it uncompress to .xbmc/addons directory
To get it working you have to edit start.py and set the path variable to point to your sickbeard.db file

Looking for a sickbeard addon in this forum, I found the plex sickbeard addon:
https://github.com/mikedm139/SickBeard.bundle

It parses the sickbeard web, but is has a lot of features, porting it to XBMC shouldn't be very difficult, right?

Be gentle with the code, it's my first XBMC addon and I'm new with python Smile

If I have time I'll try to make something decent, btw is anyone working on a SB addon for XBMC?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4951697/plugin.p...kbeard.zip
Quote:It parses the sickbeard web, but is has a lot of features, porting it to XBMC shouldn't be very difficult, right?
I took a look a while ago, it is harder than you would expect. I don't remember the details but I think it is using tools not available in xbmc to parse the web. You could probably just as well start from scratch.

There is also a project to add an api to sickbeard, not sure what came of that.
First of all:

Thank you so much for working on this... please be vigilant!

Regarding what vikjon0 said... I'm assuming he means like.. python libraries that are not in xbmc? Perhaps the functions used for web parsing will not work as he says in XBMC.. however, so many addons in xbmc achieve web parsing--it must be possible to do it by some other mechanism, if this is indeed the only issue...

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks again for working on this.
yes, I am sure it can be parsed the "normal xbmc" way.

It may very well just be that I missed some python libraries. I don't have plex so I didn't investigate if it could extracted. I think it was the url object that did not exist in the same way in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sickbeard addon0