Letterbox flashing hiddes subtitles.
Question 
Hi.
Im having a strange problem and I can't find any info on this. I did recently build a new HTPC with a intel core i5 and started to run XBMC on a windows 7 platform, but switched to ubuntu 11.4 to be able to use VAAPI. everything works fine, but when I run a movie thats in letterbox format it's like a second letterbox is flashing in front of the original one. subtlitles that have some part on the black letterbox wont show but if there is a line on the movie it self it shows. same goes for menus if I hit "m" I can see the menu flashes for a ms once every second. If a movie is in full screen (not letterbox zoomed in) there is no problem with subtitles or menus. my setup is the following.
intel core i5
asus H67 moterboard
samsung ue55D8005 TV
ubuntu 11.04
XBMC 10.1 (with VAAPI)

If anyone have seen this problem or have any ideas.... I have tried reinstalling 5 times with or without VAAPI, but it's the same problem on linux. note that i didn't have this problem in windows 7
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
hardware:
Intel® Core™ i5-2405S CPU @ 2.50GHz
ASUS P8H61-M B3 Revision
8GB RAM
Intel SSD-320 120GB

Software:
Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64 (up to date 2011-09-26)
XBMC 10.1 (with VAAPI) followed Allanwww1's guide.

I was just putting a debugg file together and thought i take some screenshoots of the problem. but on the screenshoots everything look as it should with no problems.
any clues where to look next.
Problem solved Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Letterbox flashing hiddes subtitles.0