• 4(current)
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader
Rastan Wrote:The version on the official repo is working great so far. Its gone past the point in TV shows where it was stuck before. Its going to take a while to complete I have around 300 TV shows and 5000 Movies.

Great to hearBig Grin
That amount is indeed gonna take some time.

It could be that it skip a few only it won't break operation/downloading.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Rastan Wrote:Extrafanart Downloader
Add-on aborted
Network error detected

LOG

The reason the script failed in this case is it only understands TVDB ids for TV shows, some of your shows seem to have imdb ids instead (beginning with tt...).

The script should now detect a 404 (which is what happened), print an error to the log and move on to the next show. If you want you can rescrape your show from TVDB and it should pick it up.

Thanks for reporting Smile
Thanks for the help and clarification guys

paddycarey Wrote:The reason the script failed in this case is it only understands TVDB ids for TV shows, some of your shows seem to have imdb ids instead (beginning with tt...).

The script should now detect a 404 (which is what happened), print an error to the log and move on to the next show. If you want you can rescrape your show from TVDB and it should pick it up.

Thanks for reporting Smile

You are indeed right. It has just finished scraping my shows and I have realised some shows have empty extrafanarts folders. All the effected ones were scanned with media companion and I noticed as you have said, some have imdb ids and tbdb ids. It seems to ignore them no matter if it has one or both ids. I may try scraping with the newer version of media companion to see if it fixes the issue. Extra Fanart for my movies is what I am most interested in and am about to try out.

On a side note and may have been fixed in the latest version is that it downloads all available fanarts. In one of my shows Doctor Who, it scraped 110 jpgs!! I think there should be a limit. If this has already been addressed please excuse me. Maybe I should redo my TV shows if thats the case and then do my movies.
Rastan Wrote:On a side note and may have been fixed in the latest version is that it downloads all available fanarts. In one of my shows Doctor Who, it scraped 110 jpgs!! I think there should be a limit. If this has already been addressed please excuse me. Maybe I should redo my TV shows if thats the case and then do my movies.

This was indeed a future item to be included Nod
Have the same problem. There where some other things that needed to be done first.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:This was indeed a future item to be included Nod
Have the same problem. There where some other things that needed to be done first.

OK, I may as well continue with this build. Thanks for the help Big Grin
Yeah the script only checks for the field 'imdbnumber' as this is what's stored in xbmc's library. Despite the name this is usually a tvdb id for shows. AFAIK there isn't another id field stored in the database that I can check.

Logo-downloader has a fallback to check for an nfo if an imdb id is found, so i suppose we could add that if necessary.

Limiting the number of fanart should be an easy fix, but what i'd really like to be able to do is download them in order of popularity/rating rather than just the first few in numerical order. I know there are ratings on tvdb but i'll have to have a look to see if these are exposed in the api.
paddycarey Wrote:Limiting the number of fanart should be an easy fix, but what i'd really like to be able to do is download them in order of popularity/rating rather than just the first few in numerical order. I know there are ratings on tvdb but i'll have to have a look to see if these are exposed in the api.

Just had a look and actually they're already sorted in order of rating so don't need to do anything there Smile

Limiting numbers should be simple enough in that case, I'll add it later tonight.
paddycarey Wrote:Just had a look and actually they're already sorted in order of rating so don't need to do anything there Smile

Limiting numbers should be simple enough in that case, I'll add it later tonight.

Doh! ..I better stop my movie fanart downloads then. Thanks for all your hard work! Big Grin

I've gone ahad and deleted all my extrafanart folders awaiting your update, so no pressure...lol :-)
Rastan Wrote:Doh! ..I better stop my movie fanart downloads then. Thanks for all your hard work! Big Grin

I've gone ahad and deleted all my extrafanart folders awaiting your update, so no pressure...lol :-)

We where thinking of a maximum of 20. Should be enough i think?
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:We where thinking of a maximum of 20. Should be enough i think?

Sounds like a good number to me. But then I am new to extra fanart, I see some skins have 4 or 5 visible at a time. Others have them playing as a slideshow in the background.

5 to 10 would be good too. I realised as I was deleting what I had done so far that the space they took up was considerable. But thats just because I have a big library. I think any more than 20 might be a too much
Rastan Wrote:Sounds like a good number to me. But then I am new to extra fanart, I see some skins have 4 or 5 visible at a time. Others have them playing as a slideshow in the background.

5 to 10 would be good too. I realised as I was deleting what I had done so far that the space they took up was considerable. But thats just because I have a big library. I think any more than 20 might be a too much

Well there are two type's. Extrafanart and Extrathumbs.
The extrafanart is usually what you see as background slideshow and high quality 1080p.
Extrathumbs are the one you see in the infopanel and are usually much smaller in size although is yust have my extrafanart as thumbs.

This is no general rule. Skins can deviate from this.

About the quantity:
Well it's a sliderbar so you can chose yourself Wink
as mentioned in the other thread .... will there be a possibility to not download text based fanarts? also, some sort of fanart manager would be cool...but that is probably a whole other beast

thanks!
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well there are two type's. Extrafanart and Extrathumbs.
The extrafanart is usually what you see as background slideshow and high quality 1080p.
Extrathumbs are the one you see in the infopanel and are usually much smaller in size although is yust have my extrafanart as thumbs.

This is no general rule. Skins can deviate from this.

About the quantity:
Well it's a sliderbar so you can chose yourself Wink

Ok, I never realised you could have extrathumbs too! You learn something new every day ...lol
I personally think Extrafanart is enough. Great news about the slidebar, cant wait to get my hands on the update! Big Grin
distracto Wrote:as mentioned in the other thread .... will there be a possibility to not download text based fanarts?

It's on my todo list Smile

distracto Wrote:also, some sort of fanart manager would be cool...but that is probably a whole other beast

Yeah, i think that's a bit beyond the scope of the script at the moment, but I do have some management features in mind for down the road.
I just tried the latest version from github. Everything works but it still gets stuck giving me a network error. Sad

LOG
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader2