• 7(current)
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader
Small update:
Latest test versions: Available downloads
If others are willing to test this version out before we add it to the official XBMC-repo as 0.4.0 that would be great. Report any errors here on the forum or on our Github site.

We have added some new feature for limiting the Extrafanart that is downloaded:
  • Limit by maximum amount to download
  • Limit by minimum user rating
  • Limit by XBMC system language (only English, German at the moment)
  • Download extrafanart to a custom location to be used as background image folder.
  • Custom cache folder
  • Skin support: for skin integration codes check the readme file

NO smb:// support for Dharma 10.1

Have fun Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There where some small code changes so that's why I have added a new . zip install version in the download section.
Extrafanart Downloader
We have 'hopefully' managed to get the smb:// (samba) sources support working. I was hoping that someone could give this a try and see if it's working for him.
NOTE: remove/uninstall the old version first!!!!

Available in our download section

We also had to split up the code between Dharma and Eden to follow XBMC guidelines. So for the ones who already installed version above 0.3.7 please uninstall and try the versions available from the download section.

Let us know how it is working.
Is it possible to have this script randomize the fanart/backdrop that is being displayed or would that have to be a script w/in the skin or even xbmc its self.

Say you wanted every time you selected a movie the fan art is different (to as many different fan arts there are for that selected movie).
Drazzilb Wrote:Is it possible to have this script randomize the fanart/backdrop that is being displayed or would that have to be a script w/in the skin or even xbmc its self.

Say you wanted every time you selected a movie the fan art is different (to as many different fan arts there are for that selected movie).

It would need another script. Much like what Artist Slideshow does for music.
Drazzilb Wrote:Is it possible to have this script randomize the fanart/backdrop that is being displayed or would that have to be a script w/in the skin or even xbmc its self.

giftie Wrote:It would need another script. Much like what Artist Slideshow does for music.

No need for a script. The artist slideshow downloads artist fanart. The skins only use that fanart and they decide how to display it.

If the skin supports extrafanart the only thing that has to be done is to change the multiimage control to random. This very easily done.

Here's an example of how it's done in the movie infopanel to show random extrafanart

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
<posx>715</posx>
<posy>404</posy>
<width>360</width>
<height>202</height>
<fadetime>1500</fadetime>
<timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart]</imagepath>
<visible>Container.Content(movies)+Container(5000).HasFocus(8)</visible>
</control>

So it's best to ask in the skin thread how this can be done or maybe add it as an option

The Skin "Night.Purity" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86753 Does just that. Go and try it out
Oddsodz Wrote:The Skin "Night.Purity" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86753 Does just that. Go and try it out

Almost every skins can do that. It's very easy to change/add
The new versions of the script have just been pushed to both Dharma and Eden official repos.

Get them while they're hot! Big Grin
having trouble with the samba share using 10.1 live. credentials are correct just getting a script failed.

Working just fine on pre-eden. cheers for the hard work
lefty420 Wrote:having trouble with the samba share using 10.1 live. credentials are correct just getting a script failed.

Could you post a fulldebug log when using dharma?
use pastebin.com for posting the log.
lefty420 Wrote:having trouble with the samba share using 10.1 live. credentials are correct just getting a script failed.

Working just fine on pre-eden. cheers for the hard work

Can you get me a debug log? Cheers.

I don't use smb:// (or Dharma for that matter) so it's really hard for me to test but I have had reports it's working on some types of protected smb:// but not others. Does script.cdartmanager work for you? We've used very similar smb:// code in our script.
Full log here

http://pastebin.com/PUsrau8h

I've had to chop out a load of repeating lines. Looks like it cant write to the popcorn hour. The account has permission to tho.

cheers for taking the time to look
lefty420 Wrote:Full log here

http://pastebin.com/PUsrau8h

I've had to chop out a load of repeating lines. Looks like it cant write to the popcorn hour. The account has permission to tho.

cheers for taking the time to look

I think i see the problem. You do have read permission on your popcorn?

You probably added you your smb:// share in xbmc without the username and password provided. If this is the case the script cannot get write permission because the smb:// path doesn't contain the "username: password''

I had the same problem myself.
Will into this more closely when i get home to confirm
I use the extra fanart downloader and it works fine for me but it only downloads the extrafanart for my tv series and not for my movies.

In the settings screen everything is enabled to download extrafanart for my movies and the folder structure is the same as for my tv series.

Thanks for your help.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader2