Intel Core i3-550 (3.2Ghz LGA1156) + Asus P7H55-M Combo?
I was at Fry's this weekend and almost bought this combo for an Group 6 HTPC build. Anyone have experience with this combo? It was only $100 after $15 mail-in rebate. I know it was a great deal and was real tempted to buy it but feel I'm just learning about setting up an XBMC HTPC. Also I want to have some of the other parts first and then buy the CPU/MB at the end of my "deal" purchases so that I have time to put it to it's paces under the warranty period. So I'd like to get a PS and Case first. I already have 8GB of working but unused DDR3 1600 laying around. I'm going to buy the parts as I see them as great deals, so that will not be all at once. So I can get the best prices. That is how I've built my last couple of PC for a great price. What would you have suggested for a PS for this combo with a SilverStone ML03B or similar case?

Intel Core i3-550 (3.2Ghz LGA1156) + Asus P7H55-M Combo
amazing price!
buy it!

antec earthwatts 380w is perfect for it
eskro Wrote:amazing price!
buy it!

antec earthwatts 380w is perfect for it

Yeah I know, I know. But I was hoping to hear if anyone had used this mother board. They had quite a few at the local store. I can go back. But I don't have a case, PS, or GPU either.

I did a search here and found only one other breif post of someone using this board and not much on the web as far as reviews geared toward it being good for HTPC.
well it has 121 reviews on newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131623
do LGA1156 suffer from the stuttering issue like LGA1155 on XBMC Live?
nothing will stutter if u use a separate Nvidia GPU card
eskro Wrote:well it has 121 reviews on newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131623

Yes and quite a few of major problems with the board. I forgot to look at Newegg reviews thanks.
And that is one reason I want to have the other parts first so that I can have time under warranty to run the board through it paces. If I bought the board and CPU now I'd not have the other stuff for awhile because of other bills that come first

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Core i3-550 (3.2Ghz LGA1156) + Asus P7H55-M Combo?0