XBMC - Keep Seeding
Ok, so ive got deluge splitting up the movies and tv shows into seperate folders.

What id like to do now is find any new files in the TV Shows folder, and copy them to another folder to be renamed by theRenamer.

Im currently using:

Code:
ROBOCOPY C:\Torrents\Complete\TV Shows c:\Rename\Series /NP /M /S /LOG+:c:\Batches\Rename_series.log

"C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch

But its giving me the error 'invalid parameter #3 "C:\rename\series"' and not copying any of the files in that folder.
kicks66 Wrote:blah, blah, blah
I don't know, man, rocketpants had the easiest, quickest, simplest solution. I think this bit said it best:
>>X<<' Wrote:Eek
I don't really understand why this is being made to seem so difficult. XBMC recognizes ugly file names, including the most popular "scene" release names. If you are already using something like utorrent, which has an RSS downloader that can place files into appropriate folders, you don't need nfos, scripts, or anything else. You just download the file, have the torrent downloader place it into the appropriate folder, and walk away. XBMC will do all the rest.
natethomas Wrote:I don't really understand why this is being made to seem so difficult. XBMC recognizes ugly file names, including the most popular "scene" release names. If you are already using something like utorrent, which has an RSS downloader that can place files into appropriate folders, you don't need nfos, scripts, or anything else. You just download the file, have the torrent downloader place it into the appropriate folder, and walk away. XBMC will do all the rest.

Exactly !
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
natethomas Wrote:I don't really understand why this is being made to seem so difficult. XBMC recognizes ugly file names, including the most popular "scene" release names. If you are already using something like utorrent, which has an RSS downloader that can place files into appropriate folders, you don't need nfos, scripts, or anything else. You just download the file, have the torrent downloader place it into the appropriate folder, and walk away. XBMC will do all the rest.
I think the problem here is that he's using an article from Lifehacker that is nearly two years old. At the time, it was a great solution. But somebody needs to re-write and re-publish!
The issue is unless you use the RSS downloader you cannot use any form of automation to categorize content into directories.

For example, I use SickBeard to grab all shows in the morning when I turn the PC on and uTorrent doesn't allow for a command line argument to indicate where to download the content to. RSS is an impossibility for this as it only shows a very brief history and therefore is unreliable without having a 24/7 PC monitoring it.

The issue is with uTorrent adding useless features instead of the above suggestion which has been requested numerous times. Unfortunately, when running Windows there's no other torrent client which is competitive to it still (when running ~1000 torrents).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Keep Seeding0