Zotac MAGHD Help...
What I have:
Zotac MAGHD-ND01-U Atom Dual-Core 330 NVIDIA ION graphics
2GB RAM, 160G HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium
XBMC 10.1

Installed OS and XBMC last night. Mapped network drives to my WHS.
Everything shows up as it should in the folder on XMBC, but when I go to playback a MKV file it is super choppy. Plays at about 1 frame per second.
Also no audio on optical out, but that may be due to the fact that the video is playing so slow.

I am completely new to XBMC, but have been looking around here for sometime.

I do not know what you need to know to help me figure this out, so ask me what settings you need to know about and how to get to the debug log and I will post them as soon as possible.
You enable dxva? Cause I use that system, and with that enabled playback is fine
Go to settings/videos

And there should be a little tick to enable it.
isamu.dragon Wrote:You enable dxva? Cause I use that system, and with that enabled playback is fine
Go to settings/videos

And there should be a little tick to enable it.

Yes. That was one of the first things enabled.
1. install the latest nvidia control panel center- NVIDIA Driver Downloads
2. adjust screen resolution to match the actual hdtv screen resolution.
3. in xbmc, do these-

try to playback with the above configurations.

if the above configurations still not playback fluently, you can try it with "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" uncheck.

if nothing work, try playback the same move file using usd drive instead.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This sounds to me as if XBMC can't find an audio device. It may be because Windows 7 helpfully disables the audio device if it can't find any speakers or headphones connected (the HDMI counts as headphones). If you post a debug log this would confirm the problem.

Try plugging in some headphones and see if that fixes the problem. If so you need to check the audio settings to make sure XBMC is using the HDMI for audio. Does audio work from Windows e.g. if you use Windows media player?

JR
pbneal Wrote:Also no audio on optical out, but that may be due to the fact that the video is playing so slow.
it may be simple, but don't overlook the volume meter. you might want to turn it up.

also, in control panel- you might want to select proper hdmi or optical output for sound playback and configure speaker configuration to stereo. you can test the audio in control panel to make sure that you have proper sound throughout your speakers before you move on to xbmc configuration.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac MAGHD Help...0