Advancedsettings.xml not working
A little back story.

I've been running this XBMC setup for over a year, and have only recently started delving into some of the features available. I want to switch over from the SQLite database to MySQL, which according to everything I've read should be a straight forward process. I'm running the 10.1 build from the Ubuntu PPA and I have significant experience with MySQL on Linux, which I've verified is working properly.

I've setup the advancedsettings.xml file as follows:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>127.0.0.1</type>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>username_goes_here</user>
    <pass>password_goes_here</pass>
    <name>xbmc_video</name>
  </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>127.0.0.1</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>username_goes_here</user>
    <pass>password_goes_here</pass>
    <name>xbmc_music</music>
  </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I have a feeling this file is being ignored all together as I've tried over riding certain settings from guisettings.xml and they don't seem to change either. I know this is probably something obvious I'm missing, but I've hit a wall. Does anybody have any ideas for things I could check? For what it's worth, I've checked logs and they aren't reporting anything about this even with debugging enabled.

Thanks in advance!
where is your advancedsettings.xml located?
Thanks for the quick reply, it's located in ~/.xbmc/userdata.

Thanks!
Check the xbmc.log in ~/.xbmc/temp to make sure the avdancedsettings.xml is being loaded. You should see something like (this is from my log):

Code:
NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
  <advancedsettings>
    etc

JR
Wow, I knew it was something stupid. I should've caught it a long time. Error in the XML. Thanks for making me look at the log again!
i was able to fix my problem by copying the Advancedsettings.xml to the following path /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

the only thing i did different is install the kodi 15 from the google play store. in the past when installing from downloaded file it was going to a different path. Please pass this info on to others as i know many will have this problem if installing form google play store.

after i did this, everything works great, no buffer issues and kodi is now reading my Advancedsettings.xml the way it did before i upgraded from kodi 14.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings.xml not working0