set your windows desktop resolution to --> 1920x1080 @60Hz

then in, XBMC video settings,
make sure your using TRUE FULLSCREEN
and set resolution to 1920x1080...

then, in Playback settings,
enable DXVA2 only,,,
un-tick everything else from there,,,
so no match display refresh rate no nothing,,,

try to play a Bluray Rip, how does it look? fine?
I can try that. I think that some people are more sensitive to video glitches than others. I know that I can spot frame drops because I see the picture glitch and then check the frame count and see that a drop occurred. Which sucks.

The problem with converting the video to 1080p/60 is that I don't like 3:2 pulldown judder. The dropped frames are less annoying.

Some of this could be due to my AVR TV combination too making it harder to get a tight 23.976 clock.
ok well, if you could report how it went while trying
my suggestion here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=909...stcount=31
Smile
eskro Wrote:what if you try this,

set your windows desktop resolution to --> 1920x1080 @60Hz

then in, XBMC video settings,
make sure your using TRUE FULLSCREEN
and set resolution to 1920x1080...

then, in Playback settings,
enable DXVA2 only,,,
un-tick everything else from there,,,
so no match display refresh rate no nothing,,,

try to play a Bluray Rip, how does it look? fine?

Now you have judder due to 3:2 pull down. nasty

Sorry Judder isn't fine. Its nasty and annoying and been that way since 3:2 pulldown was introduced.
rufrothy Wrote:Now you have judder due to 3:2 pull down. nasty

I can say I dont have this issue on my ion rig. I dont have to create custom resolutions and the rate switching happens correctly. Nor did I have this issue using the sandy bridge built in graphics. Sorry wish I could help more

Welcome to the world of HTPC's
Lol. I did not know what I was getting into, that's for sure.
voip-ninja Wrote:Lol. I did not know what I was getting into, that's for sure.

I've built dozens of HTPC's over the last 10 years. If your lucky it will only take 40-100 man hours to get working. My worst case boxes never worked and got dismantled and re-tasked. I feel for you but if you thought HTPC's were easy there not. There is a reason boxes like PCH, Dune, WDTV exist. Boxee as you are very aware is trying to bridge the gap. Maybe one of these years someone will get it right.

The best media center I've ever used in my 10+ years of messing around with media streaming still is the origina xbox. it did everything well and was very reliable. Still use mine all the time for music and DVD streaming in bedrooms.
voip-ninja Wrote:Lol. I did not know what I was getting into, that's for sure.

Looks like you've had nothing but drama's.

I was hoping to start my HTPC build this week - from your experiences so far what would your final verdict be? Stick the A4 or go the i3?
Kapz786 Wrote:Looks like you've had nothing but drama's.

I was hoping to start my HTPC build this week - from your experiences so far what would your final verdict be? Stick the A4 or go the i3?

Take a look at my video and decide for yourself. Honestly I had no frame drops with the Fusion platform (it must have locked 23.976 really good out of the box) but I might be able to tweak the Nvidia card to get similar frame performance, just not sure.

The downside of the Fusion platform is that the Catalyst drivers are not "enthusiast" oriented so you have to fix things like over-scan and mess with settings a bit. Once I had it set up it was working pretty well. The main advantage of the i3 is that it is very very fast.

I am selling my A75M-ITX and A4-3400... many people have PM'd me about buying it and then backed out. If you want to get your feet wet with a cheap HTPC build its a great option and I am selling it at a really good price compared to buying it new, so feel free to PM me if you're interested.
voip-ninja Wrote:Take a look at my video and decide for yourself. Honestly I had no frame drops with the Fusion platform (it must have locked 23.976 really good out of the box) but I might be able to tweak the Nvidia card to get similar frame performance, just not sure.

The downside of the Fusion platform is that the Catalyst drivers are not "enthusiast" oriented so you have to fix things like over-scan and mess with settings a bit. Once I had it set up it was working pretty well. The main advantage of the i3 is that it is very very fast.

I am selling my A75M-ITX and A4-3400... many people have PM'd me about buying it and then backed out. If you want to get your feet wet with a cheap HTPC build its a great option and I am selling it at a really good price compared to buying it new, so feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Would love to purchase the hardware but postage to Australia will probably be a killer?

Im wondering if then an i3/low profile radeon card would be a better combination then if nvidia cards give so much trouble with 24p.
hi im looking at get that same processor and modo just for xbmc not windows will it have sound or do i need to buy anything else?
(2012-12-10, 15:11)dizzy Wrote: hi im looking at get that same processor and modo just for xbmc not windows will it have sound or do i need to buy anything else?

It has sound.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A4-3400 mini review0