Condition button type
id like to see a net conditional button or even a network conditional button, when if i put weather or scripts or any button on as skin button they wouldnt show up if the ftp cable wasnt connected or net wasnt connected (one or other would be great)

cheers
conditional visibility is being thought through atm.

current thinking is that we only need it in certain circumstances. it will thus work (at first at least) in the same way as the new <usealttexture> tag does for toggle buttons.

it will be harnessed into the <visible> tag.

you'll be able to add for example:

<visible>player.playing</visible>

so it'll only show if something is playing.

<visible>player.paused</visible>

<visible>network.connected</visible>

etc.

i need a list of those things people may want.

i haven't yet thought through the possibilities of depending on other stuff in the skin, but there is possibility for that in future (eg an image control, where <visible>skin.isfocused(4)</visible> depends on the focused control being id 4 for instance)

anyway, this could produce some fun stuff, and is useful enough to add imo. will look into it.

any other ideas are appreciated. note that i'm only talking about visibility at the moment.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i have a few suggestions and could help skinners alot.

lets say pm3 skin id like to have one buttons called settings like it has now no filemanager but when you get to settings id like it then to activate more buttons so you can add heaps but they dont show till you reach that button. this would alow alot of buttons and way less clutter (you can do it with a popup button but its not done that well (im going to look into this idea with current controls this week end to see if i can create alot of buttons that most of the time arnt there but dont look like they are in a popup). like i could then have a net button that turns into weather, network, networked movies but wouldnt show to people that have no network.

also i wish to do a new skin quite abit different from the normal skin infact alot different but would make things way easier. ill mock some photos up if you want, id like to build it from pm3 and it wouldnt take that long but other would get pissed off but to create from scratch when theres such a good skin there seems silly and also it would suit my idea perfectly. anyway it would require moving a few more options to the whitebutton and removing alot of buttons. it wouldnt be quite as functional for the expert but for general public would be way easier. anyway id like to talk to you about it, if i cant get hold of you i know kotix speaks to you on irc and i will tell him. ive put alot of thought into it and its pos now but with help of dev would make a few things run better.

alot of words a pic tells a thousand words so ill do some, please dont get upset choke its an idea that you could do i dont really care if not id like to do it, for dubmies like my parents it would make there life easy.
how about:

<visible>system.cputemperaturehigh</visible>
<visible>system.gputemperaturehigh</visible>
<visible>system.freespace([c],[e],[f],[g])low</visible>
<visible>system.freememorylow</visible>
<visible>system.driveddisc</visible>

i'm not sure how your weather works, but if there is a weather alert for your area and you can grab that then.
<visible>weather.alert</visible>
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
1)visable for network conected
2)visable for media playing (done)
3)visable for time no key pressed (so i can put up an image if no key has been giving info in down time, over riden by visuals and screensaver of course)
4)visable if excute path is there and not if its not Smile that would be great

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Condition button type0