Remember Path while adding thumbs
Ok, here is my little issue:

I added all movies to the lib and let the scraper do his work. Afterwords the are some posters and fanarts I would like to change. I download them for every movie I'd like to change to one single location.

When I now want to add them I have to navigate the whole freakin' path again and again...

Can I make XBMC enable to remember the last location? I like this feature very much when navigating through music etc.
OlliLaukkanen Wrote:Ok, here is my little issue:

I added all movies to the lib and let the scraper do his work. Afterwords the are some posters and fanarts I would like to change. I download them for every movie I'd like to change to one single location.

When I now want to add them I have to navigate the whole freakin' path again and again...

Can I make XBMC enable to remember the last location? I like this feature very much when navigating through music etc.
Agreed, most programs auto-navigate to the source folder (EMM Does This). this would help me with my movie set artwork, since I create a folder for the set and place my movie folders within that one.
Code:
E:\My Videos\Movies\Harry Potter.set\Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows- Part 2 (2011)
OlliLaukkanen Wrote:Ok, here is my little issue:

This already exist for thumb and fanart if you name your images correctly when you select "Get thumb" or "Get fanart" your see the option "local thumb" or "local fanart" no need to navigate the full path at all

Or you can just select refresh/reload to update both

If you mean you want to add them from a folder containing all the thumbs then the obvious answer is to put them on the shortest path, its much easier just to drop them in with the movie and do the above
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thank for your suggestions, X.

"Local Fanart/Thumb" is not an option as I want to keep my data separated from the metadata. Also, at the moment my movie database is not that big, so I stored my movies all in one folder.

"Refresh" does not work, cause those movies are not well known movies, so I have to search for the pictures manually.

Shortest Path means in my case still 4 or 5 steps which are not necessary in my opinion. I thought it is not that hard to implement as the other "remembering" also works (navigate in music, go back to main menu by one click, open music -> being where you have been before).
OlliLaukkanen Wrote:"Local Fanart/Thumb" is not an option as I want to keep my data separated from the metadata. Also, at the moment my movie database is not that big, so I stored my movies all in one folder.

You don't have to keep them in there once you have updated the thumb/fanart inside XBMC you can delete those images XBMC always uses images from its cache even if you have local artwork

Having all movies in one folder though would make it harder as the images would need the file name as well which would be a lot of work this is not the case if each movie is in its own folder

There are advantages to having each movie in its own folder and when your database is small its the ideal time to do it although it doesn't have to be a manual process anyway

If I was you and had to look for artwork manually or wanted to change artwork I would be storing it locally because if your database ever gets messed up your have to do it all over again Confused

Having xbmc remember the last location would be good for you because you want it to go to the same place every time so it makes sense but for everyone not doing that it would mean more work as they would have to back out of that last location before they could navigate to the one they wanted
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks X,

you definately got some points there. I think I already had them in folders some months ago..
But I still think my suggestion would have some fans out there. Smile
OlliLaukkanen Wrote:Thanks X,

you definately got some points there. I think I already had them in folders some months ago..
But I still think my suggestion would have some fans out there. Smile

I would like this in the sense that for the fanart selection of movie sets, since you have to browse no mater what. Have it start with the first movie that was scanned.

My File structure is as such:
Code:
My Videos/Movies/Harry Potter.set/Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (2011)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remember Path while adding thumbs0