NZBMatrix Downloaded Music won't play in XBMC
New to the forum and first post and new to XBMC, So please go easy on me. I have searched the forum and the internet and have resorted to posting my newbie question.

I downloaded a couple albums from NZBMatrix, for some reason I can not get them to play on XBMC, I don't know if it is because they aren't unpacking correctly, or what. Any help would be appreciated.

When I go to the folder that I keep my music it the subject folder the downloaded music files are .rar files and I can't extract them from that format to play.

Thank you.
If you can't extract the .rar with something like 7zip it most likely means it didn't download properly.

XBMC won't play a rar, it will need the files extracted to MP3 or flac or whatever...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:If you can't extract the .rar with something like 7zip it most likely means it didn't download properly.

XBMC won't play a rar, it will need the files extracted to MP3 or flac or whatever...

Is this something that I am going to have to do everytime? Is there some automated setting I should be setting or something else I shouold be doing?
jblock Wrote:Is this something that I am going to have to do everytime? Is there some automated setting I should be setting or something else I shouold be doing?

You nzb download client should have an un-rar function built in... what are you using?

If it's SAB, make sure post processing of rar files is turned on.

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches-v2
djmcnz Wrote:You nzb download client should have an un-rar function built in... what are you using?

If it's SAB, make sure post processing of rar files is turned on.

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches-v2

I am using SAB and I checked the Post Processing files and the RAR files as well as the UNZip are both checked to work appropriately, they just aren't.

Maybe it has to do with the folders that I have them going in to?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NZBMatrix Downloaded Music won't play in XBMC0