Shutdown Not Working since Dharma Upgrade
Hi There,

I recently upgraded my XBMC machine to the latest Dharma with PVR release. It's great and I love the new interface but I have one small annoying problem - I can no longer turn off the machine with the remote or power off command. I have a Windows MCE remote and previously the power button shutdown XBMC and the machine itself. This is fine. I have no use for suspend or hibernate functionality. Now when I try it, it takes me back to the login screen. The only way to power down the machine itself is to press the power button on front of it.

The machine is running Mythbuntu (although I have long since stopped using Myth TV). I simply use the machine to boot into XBMC and play stuff off my NAS drives, iplayer, youtube etc.

The problem seems to stem from the operating system rather than XBMC. XBMC closes as required but it seems the next part is where it fails and gives me the login prompt. I only upgraded XBMC, I did not upgrade the operating system, or do a new install, and the users and groups should be the same as before so not sure what could have changed to cause this issue. The computer does shutdown properly from a Mythbuntu or Xfe Desktop session using the same user so I'm a bit clueless how to fix this.

If anyone knows how I can get this shutdown facility up and running again - even if it's a complete hack - please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown Not Working since Dharma Upgrade0