Can't get windows scheduler to work
I have that problem many members have that if you have XBMC running for a few days, videos begin to stutter. So I want to restart XBMC every night around 5am. I saw in one thread a bat script someone made that you would have scheduler execute every night to restart it. Unfortunately, that did not work. I got frustrated and just made a little C# application that kills the XBMC process and then restarts XBMC. When I run my executable manually, it works just fine. However, when the scheduler runs it, it exits XBMC, but it never starts up again. I have spent weeks trying to figure out a simple way just to restart XBMC every night and can't get a solution to work. Does anyone have any tips?
The batch script should be
Shutdown -f -r -t 0

Schedule that to run whenever. It will force close any application and reboot. The last 0 can bechanged to a whole Buber to tell the user that a shutdown will happen in xx seconds.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I want to restart XBMC, not my entire PC. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Taskkill /im xbmc* /f
cd\
cd program files
xbmc.exe
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Taskkill /im xbmc* /f
cd\
cd program files
xbmc.exe
I have this in a batch file but for some reason, task scheduler is failing to run it. I saw that the last run was on the 22nd and I am having to manually run the batch file. I can't seem to get the schedule to work consistently to run this thing every night.
Can you post your tasks log here so that we can see a bit more detail?
Hello,

You could use Eventghost to do this along with a couple of it's plugins: SchedulGhost & XBMC2.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get windows scheduler to work0