How to prepare listing of video encode characteristics
Question 
Hi-

Is there an easy (automated) way to prepare a listing of the encoding characteristics of a large directory of movie files? I'd like to have a listing of my movie files & how they're encoded. My player (ATV2) is better at handling .264 than, say, DivX, and I'd like the reference to see which of my files would be likely candidates to replace with .264 encodes. My apologies if this belongs in the 'off-topic' section. For some reason, I'm not able to create new topics in that sub-
I don't think XBMC stores the encoding type in the database, or at least a quick look through the database with SQLiteBrowser didn't find anything promising. In Windows I'd put together some cunning batch file to go through the videos and run MediaInfo on each film.

JR
I thought it does store the video codec. How else can it show the codec in library view? (Could be wrong on this)
If so you can create a smartplaylist with a rule for a certain codec.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I thought it does store the video codec. How else can it show the codec in library view? (Could be wrong on this)
If so you can create a smartplaylist with a rule for a certain codec.

Ah, the info is in the streamdetails table. If you have some tool to do SQL queries link on the files inner joined to streamdetails tables.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to prepare listing of video encode characteristics0