Optical port is not activated, duing LIVE load?
Hey i have a problem. When i use my computer with WIndows 7 + XBMC, there is no problem.

I have just installed XBMC LIVE, and i can see the Optical port is "not loaded", by this i mean that i cannot see any red light in the port.

No mather what settings i change inside XBMC it doesn't help. Everything is correct setup (It's not a setup issue in my BIOS, everything is allright there).

XBMC is setup to Optical/Coax, 5.1, DTS / DD capable reciever, audio output device: iec958, passthrough output device: iec958

If i install "Openelec", i can see the red light in the optical port turns on during install. After reboot the sound is fine (GUI and movies), but if i reboot again, the sound is not working anymore. (The red light is still on). Thats why i try installing XBMC Live instead, to solve the problem...

But as earlier described the optical port is not loaded at all in XBMC live. And therefore i cannot get any passthrough signal to my recíever.

I don't know what to do? :/

It's an onboard optical i use, and the motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H. BIOS rev. latest and so on. But i think it's a driver issue or something with theese linux versions..
Hi
In console mode(ctrl+alt+F2) then type in alsamixer, scroll across and unmute(shft m) the S/PDIF functions
then to get back to xbmc (ctrl+alt+F7) see if that works
Wozza
Wozza_au Wrote:Hi
In console mode(ctrl+alt+F2) then type in alsamixer, scroll across and unmute(shft m) the S/PDIF functions
then to get back to xbmc (ctrl+alt+F7) see if that works
Wozza

PERFECT Nod Everything is working perfect now! Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optical port is not activated, duing LIVE load?0