Logo vs clearart in TVshows
Hi ronie, is it possible to add an option that if the clearart is not available then T! would automatically use the logo instead of the episode thumb inside the movie-frame.png? And if the logo isn't available either, then use the episode thumb in the movie-frame.png. Now, I hear you thinking, so what if the logo isn't available, well, I think it is best to show nothing as a reminder to check later if and when one becomes available.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
I've always wondered about this myself. but then convince myself to find or create a clearart, but I agree it would be a nice feature if the logo was a fallback image for the clearart.

RBX
rudeboyx Wrote:I've always wondered about this myself. but then convince myself to find or create a clearart, but I agree it would be a nice feature if the logo was a fallback image for the clearart.

RBX

LOL, I agree with the find or create but, my memory isn't what it used to be and I forget which show was missing what clearart.

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hi ronie, is it possible to add an option that if the clearart is not available then T! would automatically use the logo instead of the episode thumb inside the movie-frame.png? And if the logo isn't available either, then use the episode thumb in the movie-frame.png. Now, I hear you thinking, so what if the logo isn't available, well, I think it is best to show nothing as a reminder to check later if and when one becomes available.

Problem is having a variable fallback eg the movies logo. XBMC only does a static fallback image ie "logo missing"
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Problem is having a variable fallback eg the movies logo. XBMC only does a static fallback image ie "logo missing"

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, can you give me an example?

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, can you give me an example?

In a view of TVShows where the list presented is showing the clearart image, xbmc will be looking down the path for the image e.g. /videos/tvshows/eureka/clearart.png or /videos/tvshows/house/clearart.png which will then show up in your view.

The way XBMC is coded you're allowed one fallback image, but this has to be static in a place XBMC can find it e.g. /media/fallback.png . Therefore if house's clearart or eureka's clearart is not found you can only show this one fallback image. You cannot go down another variable path eg /videos/tvshows/*?*?*?*/another_image.png to find the logo as a replacement for the missing clearart.

XBMC can only check if the listed item has got a thumbnail or icon, not clearart or logos

So unfortunately you cannot have a tvshows logo or episode art as fallback if clearart is missing. (BTW I'd love someone to prove me wrong Wink )
Noli illegitimi carborundum

so couldnt something like this be used.

fall back to TVSHOW\logo.png as its already dynamically pulling the clearart from the TV Show folder like this.

Where TVSHOW is the show currently running.
Mudislander Wrote:XBMC can only check if the listed item has got a thumbnail or icon, not clearart or logos

So unfortunately you cannot have a tvshows logo or episode art as fallback if clearart is missing. (BTW I'd love someone to prove me wrong Wink )
Thanks for the explanation, so it sounds like it's an XBMC thing not a skin thing but...
rudeboyx Wrote:fall back to TVSHOW\logo.png as its already dynamically pulling the clearart from the TV Show folder like this.

Where TVSHOW is the show currently running.
I agree with this, if you already know the path because you're in it, just pick up the file logo.png, it not much different than skin/media/movie-frame.png

I did a search and found that found that movie-frame.png is only referenced in a routine from DialogSeekBar.xml. That routine calls clearart-dialogseekbar in Includes-Workarounds.xml to show the correct clearart but I don't know enough to check for the presence of logo.png if clearart.png is not.

This is ronie's Dirty hack so it sound like he bypasses XBMC, am I correct in my logic?

Running Kodi 18.9
it's not always possible for a skin to detect if there's a clearart image available.
the same goes for all the extra artwork goodies, not natively supported by xbmc.

not sure if it can be done in this particular case, as i haven't looked into it.
will add it to my todo list, but don't expect any results soon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie, I could not ask for more

Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logo vs clearart in TVshows0