Sql database and XBMC error.
jhsrennie Wrote:@prophetizer: we aren't deliberately breaking XBMC just to annoy you. These sorts of issues are inevitable in the development process. Complaining about it in this forum may relieve some of your stress but it's not going to make any difference to the development process.

JR

Agree,

instead of me being upset or anything, i am just living with the stuff that the atv2 is caple of playing atm. But its truly annoying, but hey, u cant do much about it untill a stable release comes.. Thats how stuff works, need stuff proccessed...

I appreciate you guys work! and its freaking awesome for multi platforms Big Grin
i understand all this, i was just venting cause i got pissed and my wife was complaining things weren't working. i would use stable release if i wasn't trying to use atv2, os x, and windows all together with NFS and MySQL.

i really do appreciate the awesomeness you guys make, thanks.
--
bambi73 Wrote:Up to now I though DB update changes are still ongoing but looks like developers consider it finished already. So I created two tickets (#12156, #12157) because there are still holes in it.

For these who still have problem maybe my observations will help. There are two use-cases:
1/ You already used MySQL and have "old" database (for example xbmc_video in advancedsettings.xml)
- increase number of connections on your MySQL server (max_connections setting) to at least 60. See #12156 why.
- start XBMC, database should be updating (no longer Too many connections error)
- wait some time until your data are copies. See #12157 for reason why you need to wait.
- as result you will have there new database named xbmc_video57

2/ You want to create empty MySQL DB (for example xbmc_video in advancedsettings.xml)
- until now you need to create empty DB before XBMC start. DON'T DO IT NOW, database will be created by XBMC itself.
- if you create empty DB XBMC expect that it's already filled with tables and data and does nothing. As result you will get "The table does not exist" error.
- as result you will have there new database named xbmc_video57
Hi Bambi,

I Have tried number 1 already increasing the connection to 100. Just to test if it would keep rising i set it to 10,000 max connections and it kept going until it maxed that out aswell!!!

I have put up my error log http://pastebin.com/xNN9hjgM

Thanks,
Mark
mselley Wrote:Hi Bambi,

I Have tried number 1 already increasing the connection to 100. Just to test if it would keep rising i set it to 10,000 max connections and it kept going until it maxed that out aswell!!!

I have put up my error log http://pastebin.com/xNN9hjgM

Thanks,
Mark
Because of line
Code:
13:43:25 T:5872   ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'xbmc_video'
I guess you don't have rights to create new database for your xbmc user.
If this is case than easiest way is grant all rights to your xbmc user.
Code:
grant all on *.* to xbmc
Of course it gives xbmc user rights over whole database, so be careful if you have there some other data too.
the user has full rights to the databases and it does actually create the database and start to put data into it which confuses me the most?

some people are saying that mysql is just not working with the builds after the 17th?

does anyone happend to have the build from the 17th still?

Just some extra information is i am trying to update my library from dharma 10.1 to the latest nightly build

Thanks
Hmm, hehe, looks like these logs are not so easy to interpret Smile
Maybe next error is real problem
Code:
13:43:25 T:5872   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
                                            Query: ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float
1060 mean duplicate column, so you can check if column VerticalShift already exist in your Dharma DB. If it's true then it's bug and should be reported, if not then I have no idea Smile.

Abould builds, maybe it was me who said that developers still work on it, but it was misinterpretation. For me it works somehow Tongue, but I was updating only from 55 to 57.
Smile they never are :p thanks for that I will have a look when I get home!
If that's not the case I'm wondering if you have a vague idea of what releases you used to move from dharma?
I may try updating database with an older build and then to the latest? Maybe they have missed something in going straight from dharma?

Thanks
mselley Wrote:Smile they never are :p thanks for that I will have a look when I get home!
If that's not the case I'm wondering if you have a vague idea of what releases you used to move from dharma?
I may try updating database with an older build and then to the latest? Maybe they have missed something in going straight from dharma?

Thanks
I never updated DB more than 1 or 2 version up, so I can't help you.
Maybe developers missed something in update process from Dharma, or maybe you missed something Wink
turns out it was just trying to add the column over and over Confused so i restored my backup and have gone back to 10.1 for now. Hopefully they will fix the upgrade process.

Thanks for your help
Here's the recipe that worked for me:

1. Changed advancedsettings.xml to connect to the MySQL server using the root user.
2. Opened XBMC and gave it a couple of minutes to do its business.
3. Closed XBMC.
4. Gave my XBMC MySQL user All Privileges to the new xbmc_video57 database.
5. Changed advancedsettings.xml back to use my regular XBMC MySQL user.
6. Opened XBMC and all is well.

I was in the same boat as @tommyhome as I didn't want a "super" user used for XBMC but it turns out you only need to do this for a quick minute while its updating the database and then you can switch back to a more restricted account.

Not a big deal, it's not like I update my XBMC nightly every day.

Never forget that you are running development software here, just be happy that they even let us use it while it isn't finished. I know I am. Keep up the awesome work guys!
[MySQLD]
skip-name-resolve
port=3306
basedir=C:\Program Files (x86)\....................
datadir=C:\Program Files (x86)\...................
character-set-server=utf8
default-storage-engine=INNODB
read_buffer_size=1M
read_rnd_buffer_size=256K
sort_buffer_size=256K
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_buffer_size=1M
innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
innodb_log_file_size=10M
innodb_thread_concurrency=8
max_connections=800
old_passwords=0
max_user_connections=1000
thread_cache_size=4
thread_stack=196608
binlog_cache_size=32768
net_read_timeout=30
net_retry_count=10
net_write_timeout=30
thread_concurrency=10
open_files_limit=0
[client]
port=3306

now work fine
I swore I searched for Mysql and couldn't find this... I guess you guys tagged it with SQL, plus it's in the windows section and I'm on Linux.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12202
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Question 
Hi guys i have come back to try eden beta 2 and still having problems.
I have tried for aages to get this right but im completely lost.

My user has full permissions for everything.

The first error i get is

Quote:NOTICE: Attempting to update the database xbmc_video58 from version 42 to 58
21:40:36 T:7608 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1366)
Query: UPDATE `episode` SET `c00` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c00` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c01` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c01` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c02` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c02` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c03` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c03` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c04` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c04` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c05` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c05` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c06` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c06` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c07` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c07` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c08` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c08` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c09` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c09` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c10` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c10` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c11` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c11` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c12` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c12` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c13` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c13` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c14` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c14` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c15` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c15` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c16` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c16` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c17` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c17` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c18` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c18` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c19` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c19` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c20` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c20` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8), `c21` = CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT(`c21` USING latin1) AS BINARY) USING utf8)

which only seems to appear once!

Then i get a repeated error every time after this!

Quote:21:40:39 T:7608 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
Query: ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float

I have pasted the full log here http://pastebin.com/xw4Ym88i

Thanks

Mark
You might want to look here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11120

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
Hi,
Thanks Jonathan I have been looking for a ticket on this guess I didn't see this as it is closed already!

The ticket says its been fixed? Do you know any more on this issue?

I'm confident with mysql etc so If you want me to try setting database collation to utf if that would help?

Thanks,
Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sql database and XBMC error.0